what did you do constructive today?

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jackdm3

We counted a certain number of boards per 10 feet based on an adjacent fence to get our estimate for boards and multiplied by the length of the run. We expected 165. It came out to 164. The 165th we could have ripped in half to finish, but the backside of that section covered the gap. So we'll cut that last board into 4 pieces for them to put in their closets for the cedar aroma.

The jerk neighbor behind the fence came out to talk to us when only the posts were in place and saw that the horizontal 2X4s were going to be on his side and asked if we could make it so the pretty part was facing him. He didn't offer to share the cost of the fence that they'll both enjoy, so HELL NO! Besides, the chainlink pictured in pic #2 belongs to his neighbor and would have prevented us from nailing boards to the new fence on their side. There was only 8 or 10 inches of space between the two. Boards had to be on our side, but didn't tell him that.

Edited by jackdm3
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Glock23ForMe

Today, I found that my closet was that of a college student and nasty. I decided to clean it out. I switched banks, went to Wal Mart and got organizers, and then did 15 loads of laundry.

What's the law on the "too blue" headlights... Not saying yours are, they just made me think of it.

I'm not aware of too many restrictions regarding color temp. The main problem with people installing aftermarket HID systems is those who put them in light housings made for halogen bulbs. These look good to the goofballs putting them in, but it plays hell on other drivers at night because the assembly does not disperse the light correctly. THP is given the authority under TCA to check / cite for headlight adjustment / glare issues, but I'm not sure what exactly it entails.

Guest Glock23ForMe
I'm not aware of too many restrictions regarding color temp. The main problem with people installing aftermarket HID systems is those who put them in light housings made for halogen bulbs. These look good to the goofballs putting them in, but it plays hell on other drivers at night because the assembly does not disperse the light correctly. THP is given the authority under TCA to check / cite for headlight adjustment / glare issues, but I'm not sure what exactly it entails.

My next question is this... Can you have blue underglow or anything similar?

Guest HvyMtl

NOTE: the Too Blue Lights issue: I have been advised Tennessee State Troopers do enforce the "too Blue" state law on lights. I do not have a link to the law.

I do not know how "blue" the lights have to be, but blue tinted lights can get you a ticket from a State Trooper, and a few other local departments. So, make sure you are not accidentally breaking the law.

Constructive today? Well, I am about to be destructive to my wallet by going to a gun show, that count?

Sanded the hardwood floors of two bedrooms and a living room, then applied a coat of polyurethane. Then went and painted a bathroom. Then fixed (hopefully) the leak on my roof. Put a bunch of trash in my truck and took it to the dump, only to find it had closed. Guess it's gonna sit in my truck till tomorrow.

What's the law on the "too blue" headlights... Not saying yours are, they just made me think of it.

It's not all that blue. It is 100x better than halogen though. You have to get right in front of them to be blinding. Even looking @ them from 5 feet on either side and you won't get any glare.

1282438899.jpg

I still have to aim them.

Guest jackdm3

Yesterday I thought about making a thread like "Why was today a f**ked up day for you?" Anyway, this one goes out for the things that happened yesterday when I was too tired to post it "today." I'm still too exhausted just thinking about it, so don't ask.

dremeled out the see through part of a pair of scope rings and remounted the scope back on my Savage bolt rifle.

Glued pieces back on this diecast chopper that my grandson bought at yardsale, watched Fort Apache on TMC and am thinking about some brunch.