what did you do constructive today?

Guest db99wj

Ran 3.1 miles, took youngest daughter to bday party in Bartlett, went to kroger, fixed lunch, went to sam's, went to autozone got some 3M adhesive for the wifes vans tail light and glued it back on. It's weird, it looks like the lens was pried off, it came off the assembly. Took a nap, helped with dinner, ate. I've been contemplating the idea of swapping the dishwasher out with the replacement we have. I'm nervous on what I'm going to run into, It ain't going to be without some issue along the way! Lol!

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I re-set a dishwasher for a fellow church member that someone else jacked up because he was basically clueless. My friiend is happy, I'm $100 richer.

Jamie, I feel for you because I 'm thinking you have the gray poly pipe to deal with. fittings for the pipe is hard to find , a bitch to replace and will eventually fail again sooner than later. I've been plumbing for over a decade and I won't touch that stuff.

Edited by 94user
Guest FroggyOne2

Well took my .284 out and shot the new load at 600 yards.. tested a new hand stop on my prone gun.. the results were steller.. 20 shots at 600 yards prone.. 15 of them were X's.. It was a nice productive day indeed!

Guest Tusculum

Got up at 3:30 AM. After a pot of coffee and a half pack of those nasty nicotine sticks I wandered off to my paycheck job that Ive already pulled 60 hrs this week to give them 8 more. Had a good day yesterday so the suits only made us work 8 instead of the normal 10 on Saturdays. Anyway help finish 18 cabs to be shipped to Catapillar on Monday. Got off at 2:30 came home and Momma had ripped the PTO belts off my old John Deere 400 lawn mower. 5:30 before it rolled out of the basement. Oh yeah the ancient Deere push mower blew the spark plug right out of the engine block so I fixed that by 6:30. Went to the Mexican place and had a fihiata(sp). Came home and cleaned the basement up enough for me and number 2 son start on 3 1919 Browning belt feds that are supposed to be shipped by Aug1st and I havent even started yet. Completely rebuilt in semi auto, blasted and parkerized in 2 more Sundays (Yeah Right). Anyway got a little enjoyment by logging on here. Gonna crash now and start again about 5AM tomorrow. Thanks, jack

Guest jackdm3

Installed thermostat and fuel fittings on an old Ford 600 tractor, cut out a bad section of 3/4" pipe and resoldered a coupling to fix, and replaced the shut-off valve which really sucked! It took two torches worth of simultaneous heat to remove the old one. FIL tore out the wall behind his personal shower so I could replace all the guts to his hot, cold and spout assemblies only to look at the floor under the tub and see that it's gone. The drain end of the tub's flooring is only held up by the strength of fiberglass hull. Absolutely no surprise when I saw it, though because for any of you that remember my stories about his house, when the job's over, we'll have replaced the joists and subflooring 1,000 sq. ft. of his ranch house. The cause of each and every one of his maladies?

Water.

That's right people. Choose your plumbing contractors carefully.

And if you're involved in any roofing jobs, don't EVER let anybody tell you that you can lay out conventional shingles over raw decking, thus skipping the insurance known as "rolled tar paper."

Guest jackdm3
Got up at 3:30 AM. After a pot of coffee and a half pack of those nasty nicotine sticks I wandered off to my paycheck job that Ive already pulled 60 hrs this week to give them 8 more. Had a good day yesterday so the suits only made us work 8 instead of the normal 10 on Saturdays. Anyway help finish 18 cabs to be shipped to Catapillar on Monday. Got off at 2:30 came home and Momma had ripped the PTO belts off my old John Deere 400 lawn mower. 5:30 before it rolled out of the basement. Oh yeah the ancient Deere push mower blew the spark plug right out of the engine block so I fixed that by 6:30. Went to the Mexican place and had a fihiata(sp). Came home and cleaned the basement up enough for me and number 2 son start on 3 1919 Browning belt feds that are supposed to be shipped by Aug1st and I havent even started yet. Completely rebuilt in semi auto, blasted and parkerized in 2 more Sundays (Yeah Right). Anyway got a little enjoyment by logging on here. Gonna crash now and start again about 5AM tomorrow. Thanks, jack

You're welcome, I suppose. ;)

Guest Jamie

Jamie, I feel for you because I 'm thinking you have the gray poly pipe to deal with. fittings for the pipe is hard to find , a bitch to replace and will eventually fail again sooner than later. I've been plumbing for over a decade and I won't touch that stuff.

You think correctly and are right on all counts.

Each and ever repair is finished with a "it's fixed, for now..."

I've been working on this one particular house for longer than you've been a plumber, it seems. A sad state of affairs all the way 'round. :)

( Never really needed to know anything about plumbing 'til I moved here... other than for the odd set of blueprints every now and then. )

J.

cut Granny's grass this morning, then weeded eated her weeds, then bush wacked her driveway. Was in a full blown dripping wet t shirt and had a good case of swamp ass going by the time that was done. Man was it hot.

Came home and picked up sticks here, mowed and weed eated. A full days work!

I then cleaned all the crud out of the bottom of the grill. Which is no small task. I am guessing it is mostly dried and burnt BBQ sauce and hot sauce. But it needs to be done a couple times a year to keep the burners working efficiently.

Now the grill is refired and corn and onions are grilling . When the time is right burgers and dogs will join the corn and onions.

Very successful day.

Guest db99wj

Church, lunch, helped clean house, yelled at kids because there was more fighting/arguing than cleaning, installed dishwasher, fixed leak....fixed leak....fixed leak with copper line from old machine, cussed because it wouldn't run, pulled out, re connected two wires from the motor to the capacitor, started running, mowed yard, found but dishwasher never would cycle from wash, reset the panel, dinner, shower due to a similar case of swamp ass as mentioned above, on minute 51 of a 80-95 minute wash cycle. Just realized that I can reinstall do some maintenance/repairs on most kitchen appliances!

Need to learn how to lay down a linoleum floor, and get better at replacing wood siding and trim. My workshop is in need of some TLC.

installed dishwasher, fixed leak....fixed leak....fixed leak with copper line from old machine, cussed because it wouldn't run, pulled out, re connected two wires from the motor to the capacitor, started running,

Hahaha, had to read this one aloud to the wife as it sounds like about half the projects I do...

Guest jackdm3

Showed brother crimsonaudio how to make a proper weld from junk metal. It helps to teach when your students are prepared and have their wits about them.

Guest db99wj
Hahaha, had to read this one aloud to the wife as it sounds like about half the projects I do...
Sad thing is, I should have added at least two or even three more fixed the leaks in there!

Weed-eated the front yard, cleaned out bird bath, refilled bird bath, went shopping, moved two truck loads of "crap" from our old house to the new house, went to subway, ate 6" sub, took the spare off the wife's truck and put the newly plugged tire back on, returned spare to underneath the truck spot, changed front head light in wife's truck, unloaded said two truck loads of crap,took a shower, ate dinner, put together two bookcases, and now I am relaxing and poking around on the internetz. Full Day today.

Edited by memphismason
Guest Jamie

Not much past the usual this morning... It was a late night so I took a nice long nap after lunch. Been tending to a sick dog since then.

Gonna have to take her to the vet in the morning, 'cause what I'm seeing don't look good. :)

( Face and nose swollen, seems to be running a little bit of a fever, lumps under the jaw and neck... agitated and doesn't seem to be able to get comfortable. )

It'll be a long day tomorrow, I'm sure...

J.

Been tending to a sick dog since then.

Hope she gets better!

As far as my day, I went to work, sat on my rear for a while, met my folks and daughter for lunch after they got out of church, then took a gentleman to see the city jail after he mistakenly thought that pulling over for the police was optional. Dang I hate paperwork. At least I got me some overtime in... :)

Guest Jamie
Hope she gets better!

Thanks. We hope she does too, but she's had a history of medical problems, so I'm just hoping the inevitable isn't here already.

J.

Guest FroggyOne2

Well today, I went to the range and got my irons sight zero for 1000 yards and my scope zero as well with the new load that I have developed for the .284. I believe I am ready for Camp Perry.. Just got to start loading the 800 rounds that I will be taking up there with me.

Guest Jamie
good luck with her Jamie

Looks like she's gonna be okay. The vet says it's some sort of bacterial infection/"overgrowth" from something she ate. Sort'a like food poisoning, except with a load of odd swelling in her face and neck.

Weird and to be avoided. Especially since the trip to the vet ran about $180. ( 2 different injections loaded with about 4 medications. )

Could've been much worse though, both in price and outcome, so I'll take it.

The trick now is to try and figure out what the hell she ate. I guess that means I'll have to scour the yard for any sign of dead animals and such, since the vet says that's the most likely source.

J.