what did you do constructive today?

What PM?!!!!

I have the Hooters pm and the Twilight for Guys pm I sent you. When did you send the other?

the hooters PM also included a what are you doing this weekend question.

No big deal Dan, but my feelings are hurt. I will get over it

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But given that around here I am....

The cook/meal planner.

The mechanic.

The carpenter.

The plumber.

The electrician.

The HVAC tech.

The landscaper.

Jamie, that is way toooooooooo much justification for someone who is innocent. :D

Guest SUNTZU
the hooters PM also included a what are you doing this weekend question.

No big deal Dan, but my feelings are hurt. I will get over it

****..... My bad, Mike. :D I just looked at that PM again. I'm sorry, man.

Guest Jamie
My wife decided we needed a Koi pond. I spent the last 48 hours digging. It is 15 x 20, and almost 4 feet deep. It looks pretty cool right now.

Ah, so you're the Excavation Technician at your house too, huh?

That's another one I could add to my list... though too often, it's actually been "grave digger". :D

J.

Guest SUNTZU
Dan ,it is all good, seriously. But do get back to me on the campout question.

I'm down for either weekend. Pretty open. I'm looking for a couple of choices as to location.

Guest Jamie
Jamie, that is way toooooooooo much justification for someone who is innocent. :D

'Fraid you lost me there... "Innocent"? Of what? :D

J.

Guest jackdm3

Out of pocket today for TGO's best. Some may remember in May I mentioned Kathy's uncle's funeral in Jonesboro, AR. His wife had to get out of their house of 49 years of marriage. Couldn't live in the big ranch house anymore, considering. Bought a house in Jonesboro to share with her daughter, who's sick with among many other things, a colostomy bag. Her daughter's been sending us pics of the progress on Facebook and telling us of her problems with the crew and their results. So Kathy, my In-laws and I went to see how bad it really is. They wanted to know how I, with moderate experience in renovating homes, feel about their progress, and how they can better deal with and identify sloppy work. I know she got a good deal on the house, but they're re-doing EVERYTHING in the house, and half of that the crew will to re-do or do significant touch-ups. There won't be a smooth wall in the house. They've sprayed some type of half-ass stucco texture throughout, and then you smudge it a little to keep the depth difference less than 1/8". But they didn't flatten everything evenly, and you can tell.

My day varied from Constructive criticism to pointing out the things the crew got right and that cheered them up. That's all I have today. Moral support and encouragement for the still-grieving.

Guest db99wj

Got up early took my son to pick blueberries, took daughter to friends house gave the mom some of our blueberries, drove my son to my moms , 2 hour drive, gave her 2 big bags of blueberries, took my 2 yr old with me to get him out of wifes hair, drove back 2 hours and took wife the 2 yr old and 11 yr old to stone cold creamery for ice cream, fixed 11 yr olds touch, synced in Pandora radio for her.

MY day didn't amount to as much as some of you guys. I got up and cleaned the house, did six loads of laundry, remade the beds and stayed out of the wife's way so she could plant her flowers for the dog to dig up. Then came here for my daily entertainment.

Woke up at 0400, got to work at 0500, woke up at 0600 and promptly started treating patients for different grades of severity of Tiny Heart Syndrome.

Pissed off two DS's, sewed a kids hand up, and managed not to totally mentally demolish the brain-dead medic that I'm forced to work with.

Now drinking a beer, good day overall.

Guest Jamie

Remember when I said today's plumbing job was probably gonna be a "4 tripper"?

Well, 3 down, one to go.... ;)

Sometimes I really hate being right....

J.

Guest Jamie
I hate those 3 and 4 trippers in any repair.

It's sort of my own damn fault... there's only one particular type of fitting that really works on this place's plumbing. What I had on hand wasn't what I would usually use, but I thought it might do.

And in this case, it's being WRONG that sucks.

J.

went to church, had breakfast with the mrs and then talked her into going to the (chmr) range with me and had a good talk with Charlie. came back home, pulled up the flooring in the guest bathroom, pulled the toilet, undercut the doors and started laying some new flooring.

all in all a nice sunday.

Guest Jamie
So what you're saying is that, since you're not done, it could end up being more than 5? ;)

If I don't find someplace that has the fittings I need, it'll be a helluva lot more than 5. I'll have to re-plumb the entire master bathroom, rather than just patch up what's there.

I've been under there 4 times today, and made one trip to Lowes. They didn't have what I need. None of the local places are open on Sunday, and it was too late to scurry over to home depot.

So, the jury is still out on how much this one's gonna take.

J.

Edited by Jamie