what did you do constructive today?

Got up at 0100, was at work by 0200, stepped off for a 20K at 0300.

Full battle rattle, and a bunch of sissy officers. Finished at 0530. Laughed at the LT's for falling out on Agony.

So far a good day.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest db99wj

I like this thread.

So I get up make breakfast this am, went out to my workshop, or as we have been calling it for awhile now, storage room, start cleaning it out getting ready for our carport sale. Found a bunch of old stuff and came across my old army duffel bag. Had some clothing, some hats which fit my som and he wore the rest of the day, and an AR magazine! Oiled it up, seems to work great! Love finding stuff like that.

Then went for a 3 mile trail run at Shelby Farms with my son and his friend. The rode bikes. It was 97 with heat index of 104-107! Not the best time to run.

Then a little work stuff tonight.

I'm tired.

Guest jackdm3

Put an alternator on FIL's tractor and totally redid the plumbing behind his tub and shower. YESSSSSSSSS!

Doing so made me late for my meet with the Memphis Militia. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

db, I know where you WEREN'T from 4 til 7!

Guest Daelith

Was out doing yard work at a quarter to eight this morning. Picked up limbs and ran the weed eater around the front yard. (Waited until after 8 to do that.) Then burned 2 years worth of old financial records that I no longer needed. More weed eating around the back porch. Planted another patch of grass in the shady area in the front. Then in for a shower. Still need to go to WalMart.

Guest jackdm3

Granny has a detached garage that was flooding on the left and right sides. She asked a "handyman" to create a concrete dam on all three sides to block water. Seems self-explanatory, right? He dug a small moat all around maybe 5" deep at the walls and tapering upward as the turf goes away from the building. This is what she got.

014.jpg

Totally flat. And water got in anyway. See the gap/crack and the soaking wood?

012.jpg

Not even a taper to shed the water towards the grass. So we built forms Thurs. to create essentially a concrete barrier the shape of 2x4's and tapered the tops to run water off the building. Had a major storm 20 minutes after we poured the mix and NO FLOODING!

016.jpg

017.jpg

Pulled the forms off on Friday to show almost no voids and got concrete damp again. Gotta follow procedure!

Saturday cleaned off the mold slag and loose concrete from the last guy and laid out topping soil up to the dam to encourage the growth of grass. Put a small bit of edging to divert water away from the problem area. The pics are a bit too far away, but it's beautiful and her stored furniture is dry. She's happy. Dean and I got $800 for a day and a half of work on our days off. FTW.

018.jpg

019.jpg

020.jpg

Edited by jackdm3

Almost finished the kitchen. New Sink, new faucet, plumbing, new garbage disposal, dishwasher connecton, and almost finished the new over-stove microwave. Wifey getting very happy. You do not realize how much you use the water in the kitchen until you do not have it.

In Alabama helping the agin in-laws fix up a bunch of little things around their house. Today I replaced some defective outlets and light switches, installed two ceiling fan/light combos, repaired a floor lamp and decorative hanging lamp, completely gutted and rebuilt two toilets, WD40'd a ton of doors and replaced the ballasts in several fluorescent lights. I'm beat.

Guest db99wj

Helped clean out attic for yard sale, got tables for yard sale, took kids swimmin in a cement pond. Trying to figure out how to price this crap, individually or price tables.

Guest 6.8 AR

Sweated my tail off fixing two cars's A/C. Replaced a condensor, fixed the radiator

fans, and, voila! It worked. The other one needed a little freon.

Had to put off the range until tomorrow. I'll sweat a little out there, but that's a

bit more fun.

Started installing the landscaping timber boarder aroung the playset that I put together for my son. I got two of the walls done in between the "rain breaks". Hopefully tomorrow I can finish that up so we can get the gravel next week.

P7046790.jpg

Edited by buck1032
Added pic
Guest 6.8 AR

I got to do that, too, Raoul. It was most certainly HOT. Stayed in the shade

much as possible. Getting much better with the pistols. Had fun.

The morning wasn't so much fun, though. Worked on cars, again.

Well my guesstiamattion of "5 tons or so" of pea gravel was a little off. This past week I picked up, shovel and spread out a total of 18, 560 pounds of pea gravel. I have a few odds and ends stuff to wrap up, but in my book I am calling it done!

P8086959.jpg

Edited by buck1032
Well my guesstiamattion of "5 tons or so" of pea gravel was a little off. This past week I picked up, shovel and spread out a total of 18, 560 pounds of pea gravel. I have a few odds and ends stuff to wrap up, but in my book I am calling it done!

Looks good. And I'm with you - I'm always way under on my estimations of how much gravel I need for an area... :up:

Guest FroggyOne2

Well all the ammo for the Nationals is loaded.. 550 rounds. I decided not to take the .223 Palma gun with me.. don't think that I will need it. Doing the final prep and packout for the trip.. leaving on the 12th.

Guest db99wj

Me and the wife put on a two day yard sale....she worked my ass off.

Made a make shift cool room in my house, by sealing off the den, adding two window units, 7 fans. Brought the temp of an average of 90 degrees to 76 degrees with a wind chill in the den. The rest of the house was at 90 degrees.

Helped install an AC unit at the house.

Went to Sam's.

Wasn't today, but this was a string of days. Glad to be back at work so I can rest!

Searched job openings,on internet, applied for several.

Worked in back yard, noticed that dog's electric fence wasn't working and repaired it.

Went to handgun class at range and cut my groups in half, by improving shooting techniques.

Guest jackdm3

Was gonna post this on Friday when we finished it, but Photobucket was Phucking with me. You really gotta love fast-setting concrete, nailguns and compressors you find on the side of the road.

BEFORE:

003-4.jpg002-3.jpg

DURING:

004-3.jpg

005-1.jpg

001-4.jpg

AFTER:

007.jpg

006.jpg

Edited by jackdm3