RFB

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lester Weevils

Hi Desert Rat

Congrats! I like bullpups and carbines. Bet that one is LOUD!

Did you have to order it or internet-buy, or did a dealer just happen to have one in stock?

I really lkke those. After being spoiled with me STG556 I want me an RFB. All other long guns just feel awkwardly balanced now. The few folks around here really complaiined about the trigger but everywhere else I've read about them people really compliment it. Go figure.

Guest Lester Weevils

Yes the short rifles seem easier to hold steady from standing position. For whatever reason bench shooting seems boring, more like a laboratory project rather than recreation.

It is nice to at least hit the paper shooting from standing position, and long heavy rifles make it more a challenge holding steady long enough to squeeze the trigger. Bullpups seem to put most of the weight between the shoulder and the trigger hand.

I like the STG556 and had good experience with KelTec's PLR-16. So the RFB inspires confidence. Have read forum messages from early RFB customers who seemed overall pleased with them.

I don't mind the STG556 trigger. It is the least of my problems shooting accurately. Will probably sometime update the trigger, but it isn't a priority project.

My wife has decided to take possession of my PS90 because that is the "long" gun that feels best to her. I am afraid to let her try my FS2000 after I get the front rail to add a vertical grip. She likes shooting the STG556 but the charging handle is bothersome. I wanted something that will go through cardboard so got the RFB. The magazines might become an issue because they look like the DPMS ones but are claimed to be FAL metric. From what I have read the Poly Mags that work in the DPMS will not work in the RFB. I will test that over the next few weeks as I have a DPMS.

I put my name on the list at my pusher and waited. Rumor has it they are ramping up production.

I made 2 minor mistakes before shooting it today.

1 I did not eat breakfast

2 I sited in 3 other rifles before even touching this one

I will try again later this afternoon or in the morning. However I can report that it did punch through 2 pieces of cardboard! ;)

Guest CharlieMemphis

Where can I buy one of the puppies at? This looks it might fill the place in my safe that I have been saving for a Tavor

Guest DeadEye
Their statement

"All Kel-Tec firearms have an expected life of 6,000 rounds or more"

has made me reluctant to buy any of their rifles.

- OS

OhShoot! You forgot about their Life-Time Warranty, they will get U a new Barrel!

OhShoot! You forgot about their Life-Time Warranty, they will get U a new Barrel!

However tin foil hat it may (or may not) be, I always consider TEOTWAWKI in regards to firearms. Ever more so in the last couple years.

- OS

Guest DeadEye
However tin foil hat it may (or may not) be, I always consider TEOTWAWKI in regards to firearms. Ever more so in the last couple years.

- OS

What/Who is a TEOTWAWKI????????????????????

Sounds like a Disease!

Guest mosinon
Their statement

"All Kel-Tec firearms have an expected life of 6,000 rounds or more"

has made me reluctant to buy any of their rifles.

- OS

Heck, 6,000 rounds is about decent day at the range for you... How many rounds have you run through the 10/22?

i have wanted one of those for awhile and they are hard to find...if you dont mind me asking what was the price on that jewel

I've seen them, when available, for $1200-$1900 and a few idiots asking for more.

Where can I buy one of the puppies at? This looks it might fill the place in my safe that I have been saving for a Tavor

That's the issue right now with the RFB. When one pops up it goes pretty fast.