New .22

Guest gcrookston

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gcrookston

Found this at the gunshow today at the Fairgrounds. Really went there to see if I could find a model 36 or 49, 2" Nickel and to sell a couple of old guns.

I got to talking with a collector there about S&W's (I just received the Catalog yesterday in the mail), and explained my needle in a haystack quest ... and we got on the subject of K22's and specifically Masterpieces. This one happens to have been made the year I was born, or I probably wouldn't have bought it. It's a 17-2, which puts it a little newer than I would normally buy (had an inkling for a pre-17 Masterpiece or Outdoorsman while reading the Catalog last night). Anyway, this is probably a better shooter than what I would have found (but I like to use the excuse of the gun being 30, 40, 60 years old when I group poorly).

Now I'm off to find the vintage target grips for it (parts # 5210 & 5214), and the original tool kit. My J frame will just have to wait...

Guest tokarev

Great looking revolver! I always wanted one but the ones I always saw were super nice collector items that were priced to be seen and not shot.

I do have it's clone though, the Taurus 6 shot model 94. It shoots like a rifle and I wouldn't doubt that the Smith may do even better.

Maybe one like your's will follow me home one day.

Guest gcrookston
Great looking revolver! I always wanted one but the ones I always saw were super nice collector items that were priced to be seen and not shot.

Maybe one like your's will follow me home one day.

My days of collecting what I won't shoot are over. This gun is about 95%... It may only be about 90% by the time I'm done with it...