78,000.00 Dollar Double Barrel Bolt Gun!

Guest FroggyOne2

Guest FroggyOne2

$78,000 Bolt-Action Double Rifle — Marvel in Metal « Daily Bulletin

$78,000 Bolt-Action Double Rifle — Marvel in Metal

doublegun00.jpgHere’s something you don’t see every day — a bolt-action, repeating, double rifle. This amazing twin-barreled bolt-gun has a closing mechanism that locks two separate bolt bodies into the chambers of the right and left barrels. Yes there are two firing pins, two ejectors, two extractors, and two triggers. We’re not sure how one jumbo camming system closes two bolts, but there might be a geared center shaft rotating both right and left bolt bodies at the same time (but in opposite directions). Perhaps one of our gunsmith readers can explain how this system works.

doublegun02.jpg

Just $78,000 at “Half-off Pricingâ€

This unique firearm, chambered in .416 Remington, was recently offered for sale on Gunbroker.com for $78,000. That astronomical sum is just half the original cost, according to the seller. Crafted by Fuchs, this double rifle has 22″ barrels and weighs 11.5 pounds. Deep-chiseled, full-coverage engraving decorates the receiver. So, if you have a cool $78 grand to burn you can acquire a very rare firearm — we doubt if you’ll find another one of these anytime soon.

doublegun01.jpg

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jackdm3
Fuch is what I first thought.

There are so many variables with that. It's hard for a potty-mouth like me to restrain myself from all the fun.

Never understood why people want that sort of ornate firearm.

But I'm not into regular jewelry, either...

I'm with ya in a way there. It's not something I could ever use because I'd be worried about scratching it. On top of that I just don't know if I would trust the reliability of a double barrel bolt action rifle like that.

Guest FroggyOne2

You got to love the workmanship of it! The thing that got me wondering is.. why 416 Rem.. instead of the Rigby?

You got to love the workmanship of it! The thing that got me wondering is.. why 416 Rem.. instead of the Rigby?

That's probably what the buyer requested. I for one greatly prefer the Remington to the Rigby. The 416 Rem has nearly the same ballistics as the Rig but has less kick, more like a push, than the 375 H&H. Not that it would matter for a person buying a piece like this, but the 416 Rem is also far cheaper to shoot.

As far as ornate guns as shooting them goes, many older guns were greatly ornate and still used in the field and on the battlefield. The ornate used gun may not seem normal to many of us now, but historically it was commonplace.

I'm left wondering "how does it work?". One bolt feeding two chambers seems very cumbersome and unreliable to say the least. Facing a life threatening situation, I'd much prefer a double or a trusty Model 70 Winchester to this very odd device. The quality of his craftsmanship, however, cannot be disputed.

Guest GunTroll

I like it. Wouldn't use it for my style of hunting or shooting but hey, if I had money to burn like some high end gun buyers/collectors/hunters then I would be the coolest guy in hunt camp with one of those. And I'm sure thats the kind of person that buys these.

Guest 10mm4me

That's one Fuch of a gun. Sorry, I couldn't resist. I am immature and easily entertainted. I will await my infraction warning.

Guest GunTroll
I want one.

you know, just in case I was to ever go hunt a whole herd of elephants at one time.

My signature quote is the only explaination I need

That would do it for sure and then some.

Guest jackdm3
That's one Fuch of a gun. Sorry, I couldn't resist. I am immature and easily entertainted. I will await my infraction warning.

Never heard of statement even resembling that one. Not to say it's not commonplace in your hood.