Alternate color for 3 dot sights?

94user

The white dots on one of my pistols are in need of touching up and I began to wonder if another color might be better so I thought I'd ask if anyone here had done so. I'm also considering outlining the rear sight and doing away with the front dot . I am not even remotely interested in replacing the sights. I don't have the money. It goes towards ammo and range time.

Thanks

Edited by 94user
added
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

A long time ago in a land far away. We used Nail Polish to make our site stand out. Even some of the new florescent colors for model cars would work if they still exist. Use contrasting colors for front and rear.

Thanks. I never even thought of nail polish. Gonna have to look thru wifey's collection. Just gotta choose the colors.

I love your avatar. I have a beagle.

f154b987.jpg

That one is my sweetheart but one day I will use her sisters' picture. That one rules the house and is our smallest dog

I also have a schnauzer, not the one in my avatar but that little turd tries to rule my roost.

The white you see on her sholders goes around back and looks like a Princess cape. Her stiff posture is normal. Her name would have been princess but Grand daughter already has that name for her dog. I wanted names that were attached somehow for the girls so came up with Peggy Sue and the song by Buddy Holly. This one is SUE while the other is Peggy.

You can usually find "night sights" online anywhere from $65 to $85, not really pricey..... I have Mepro's ($70) on my G19 with orange in the back and green upfront. My G26 uses Ameriglo ghost ring ($65) which is green/green....search around and you'll find good deals.

Guest Straight Shooter

I recommend you go to Novaks website. Whether or not you buy there, itll give you a great idea for colors. He has a huge choice of colors/sights there. I plan on getting some for my Glock this week, if nothin pops up.

Thanks Straight Shooter. Cool site. I may be interested in a ghost ring. I'd like to try shooting with one.

Desert Rat, this is my schnauzer, Fritz. He thinks he's the shiz around here.The dachshund in the background is Holly. She's a pet rock good only for turning dog food into dog poop. Your beagles are gorgeous.

PICT0044.jpg

I just realized I hi-jacked my own thread!