Solicitation at house

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest db99wj

Just read a facebook post from an old friend that a book salesman that came by last night at 8:50pm, then came back at 7:50 am this morning.

Just read a facebook post from an old friend that a book salesman that came by last night at 8:50pm, then came back at 7:50 am this morning.

Wow.

At 8:50 pm someone at my door is likely to be greeted in such a manner that will force him to go home and change his pants, but either way they will get the message that I'm not interested. If that person were to then return at 7:50 am the next morning I would imagine the LEO's would have been there by 8 to take me to jail.

Guest Glock23ForMe
Had a kid come by my apartment trying to sell magazines last week. Did everything I could short of telling him to get bent, it took him a while to get the message. Twice he asked if he could step inside to talk, and twice I said nope. The kid seemed legit but I'm too paranoid to let my guard down. After he left I even checked the outside of my door to see if he left a mark or anything to signal anybody else. Can't be too careful this day and age.

DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT BUY MAGAZINES FROM THESE PEOPLE!

It is a 100% Scam. I had two shady guys come to my door and try to sell to get "points" or whatever and told them to get on their merry way and then I went inside and researched i and it was clear it was a scam. Big Time.

The magazine people would come on post up to the barracks at Ft. Campbell. My friend Phillips had like 4 copies of Rolling Stone a month Amongst other magazines. He would invite the females in and tell them he'd buy a subscription if they slept with him.

The magazine people would come on post up to the barracks at Ft. Campbell. My friend Phillips had like 4 copies of Rolling Stone a month Amongst other magazines. He would invite the females in and tell them he'd buy a subscription if they slept with him.

Don't get any salesman or JWs around here but I do get thumpers every few weeks.

It's usually three or four girls wearing long plaid skirts (whatever religion that is :D)

They're actually pretty cute but I've never bothered to open the door for them seeing how they're 'pure' and all. :lol:

Maybe I could use that line on them ;)

Edited by strickj

My Rule is,

I will never buy any thing that is sold Door to door.

2 Years ago, a neighbor was having a new roof put on, the guy had the nerve to walk to me while I was outside to tell me it was about time for me to get a new roof. I told him not quite ready.

I found out from the neighbor later she would not recommend them at all either.

If the sign would not be 2 dam big, I would make a Sign that read.

"I will never never Buy or Subscribe to any Goods or Services Peddled door to door."

Edited by vontar
Guest Jamie

If the sign would not be 2 dam big, I would make a Sign that read.

"I will never never Buy or Subscribe to any Goods or Services Peddled door to door."

How 'bout:

Trespassers will be shot.

Door-to-door salesmen will be violated, then shot.

Jehovah's Witnesses will only be wounded, then sacrificed to whatever pagan god is currently tired of virgins and goats.

:cheers:

J.

Guest Lester Weevils
but I do get thumpers every few weeks.

It's usually three or four girls wearing long plaid skirts (whatever religion that is :D)

They're actually pretty cute but I've never bothered to open the door for them seeing how they're 'pure' and all. :cheers:

Maybe I could use that line on them ;)

If all four gals would throw down on that offer, it would be a church worth joining!

I used to be a jerk to missionaries knocking on the door, but have been trying real hard lately to just be polite but firm.

Awhile ago a middle aged black lady and a little old black granny leaning on a cane came calling dressed in sunday finest, and they were so nice and the little old lady was so full of 'the holy spirit' that I didn't have the heart to give em the brush-off, and stood there smiling and nodding with them quite awhile. What a sneaky trick, being too nice to chase off! :P

Jamie, dam you crack me up.

Strickj and Lester, you guys hit the nail on the head, that is how they could get some new members.

BTW, the girls in the plaid, I think are Catholic.

I've been to a Catholic service once, I was totally confused.

Strange...I read this thread before going home yesterday and there he was! A black guy ,white shirt, black tie and black pants walking down the road towards my place. He finally makes to the house and my son sends him around back where I am working on the jeep with .45 in sight. He staes not to get my gun and would like to blah,blah,blah. After twice telling him I didn't want anything and as I was about to get very stern in telling him to leave, he asks me if it is because of him that I didn't want to but anything!

Maybe I should have told him what I did with the travelling meat sales people.:rofl::P

Several years ago I was sitting outside on my front porch at dusk inspecting a S&W .357 revolver my dad had given me. Out of the corner of my eye I saw something white, only to find a rather skinny young black man dressed in a white shirt, black necktie and black pants walking up the driveway toward me. He had gotten halfway to the house from the road (about 100 ft) before I saw him. When he saw that I was aware of him, he threw up his hand and waved, and began talking to me in a loud voice. I stood up and let him see the revolver in my hand, and he stopped dead in his tracks. I told him to state his business, and he began saying something rather incoherent and unintelligible. I told him that it would probably be in his best interest to turn around and peddle whatever he was selling elsewhere. He took my advice without hesitation.

I had 3 JWs wander onto my property a while back. Two older white males, one younger black male. I have 2 Boxers. The male is about 75 pounds. The male loves everyone until they knock on the front door. I was in the office, and I had the front door open (screen door locked) when they showed up. The Boxer LAUNCHED himself at the screen door when they knocked. Back feet about chest high on a normal sized guy. The two older guys had enouch sense to step off the porch into the yard....but they didn't tell the youngster...they left him on the porch.

When I opened to door to deliver my leave now speech, the kid actually tried to reach around me and pet the dog. He has NEVER tried to bite anyone, until then. He did the air chomp right at the kids fingertips.

I tore into the kid....the two jerks that let him do it. I'm not sure but I might have questioned their mothers married status...etc.

Dunndw brings up an interesting point

If a man can defend his home with out worry of crimal charges, mans best friend should also be able to defend his home against an invader. I am just saying. Maybe of us consider of Pets part of the family. When we got to our Vets, normally our vets tag them with the owners last name even.

Ok, haven't read all the posts but I got a story about Mormons goin' door to door. I'm crashin' at a buddy's apartment in Baton Rouge for about a month while I'm in between places. He's Atheist, and I'm not Christian myself. I step outside to take a phone call because the walls are concrete. I'm standin' outside and I see 2 mormons at a corner apartment goin' around and coming our way. They take one look at me, wave, turn around and walk away. I don't know what I did, but I have a gift. Now I would like to point out that I have nothing against mormons, just people who go door to door. Especially in the morning.

Guest Glock23ForMe
am I the only one who was disappointed that this thread was not about prostitutes?

I'd say that's a safe bet....

:devil:

But hey... COULD YOU "hit it" anyways?

:(:shhh::eek::taunt:

LET US SEE...

Edited by Glock23ForMe
JUST FO FUN!

The idea of door to door prostitutes is one that has really gotten me to thinking. Myself, and I'm sure most of the folks on here wouldn't solicit a prostitute on a regular basis. Heck, as far as I'm concerned I don't ever see me doing so in my entire life. However, if they were going door to door offering their services, depending on how they looked, I wonder if I could tell them that I wasn't interested..........

Hmmmm......:D