Can I bring an ex-felon to the gun range?

Guest (BH)
I have a friend that is also a convicted felon. This person occcasionally rides in my car with me, or I with them. I am always cc'ing, and although I don't broadcast it and it's not talked about, this person knows me well enough to know that I most likely have my gun on me. Could this person get in trouble if we were pulled over and the officer found out that I had a gun and that my friend was a felon?

Nope. I looked into this one as well. You're both ok as long as it stays on your person (ie no running into the gas station and leaving the gun in the console). If the gun was anywhere besides strapped to your body, that's constructive possession for your friend.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Caveman
Hey Caveman are you going to correct this guy on his spelling?

I was going to, but I became distracted waxing my 1994 Crown Victoria. I am trying to get the adhesive residue from the LE stickers off the paint. I am installing a green light bar on it today, I'll let you know how that works out.

Guest Caveman
Dude! WTH?! If I had known, I would have had you pick one up for me! I want one to wear when I'm off work...

I'll bet if you ask really nicely Suntzu will sell his badge to you. :D

Guest 70below
I'll bet if you ask really nicely Suntzu will sell his badge to you. :D

Nah........he's WAY too attached to that. Have you seen the way he struts around with that thing on?

Guest Caveman
Nah........he's WAY too attached to that. Have you seen the way he struts around with that thing on?

I have noticed his unhealthy attachment to it, but I have to admit he looks darn sexy when he wears it. :D

Guest 70below
I have noticed his unhealthy attachment to it, but I have to admit he looks darn sexy when he wears it. :D

Yeah, but you have that whole photo album of him wearing it "strategically" :dirty:

Guest Caveman
Yeah, but you have that whole photo album of him wearing it "strategically" :D

This is Suntzu we are talking about here....that badge wouldn't be big enough. :dirty:

Yeah, but you have that whole photo album of him wearing it "strategically" :D
This is Suntzu we are talking about here....that badge wouldn't be big enough. :dirty:

The mental picture is burnt in my memory. Thanks for warping me....

Guest Caveman
What was that??? :eek: Something hurts.......it keeps stabbing me over and over.....

Oh, look.....it's just the "Truth". No wonder it hurts so bad.....:devil:

You sniffed a lot of glue as a child didn't you? That's OK though.....I did too. :(:shhh:

I was going to, but I became distracted waxing my 1994 Crown Victoria. I am trying to get the adhesive residue from the LE stickers off the paint. I am installing a green light bar on it today, I'll let you know how that works out.

You need a bunch of antennas too

Guest cheez

My stepdaughter's boyfriend's mom is married to a convicted felon. His parole officer and the police told him that he cannot even be in a house or anywhere else that has firearms present.

My stepdaughter's boyfriend's mom is married to a convicted felon. His parole officer and the police told him that he cannot even be in a house or anywhere else that has firearms present.

His PO is full of it. Are you telling me I have to disarm every time my BIL needs a ride to the drs. office. I DON'T THINK SO. They tell all of them that to scare them but the law is not on their side. Now I won;t leave 1 in the truck with him or leave him unsupervised (but that's another story), but no way in hell am I gonna disarm around him. Shoot that would mean that when he came over for supper I'd have to disarm in my own home.

Got to call a big BS on this on.

His PO is full of it. Are you telling me I have to disarm every time my BIL needs a ride to the drs. office. I DON'T THINK SO. They tell all of them that to scare them but the law is not on their side. Now I won;t leave 1 in the truck with him or leave him unsupervised (but that's another story), but no way in hell am I gonna disarm around him. Shoot that would mean that when he came over for supper I'd have to disarm in my own home.

Got to call a big BS on this on.

No one is telling you that you have to disarm...they are telling the felon he can't ride with you to the Dr.'s office if you are armed.

I agree that it is probably slightly exagerated....but only slightly. I also think the felon would have to know or suspect you are armed.

Plus still think that if you have physical control of the firearm (literally on your person) the felon may be ok.....but anything where he could have constructive possession could be bad for him.

Just my ;)

From a Civilian point of View, a dead enemy and a live soilder no matter what weapon is a WIN.

I don't care if he used Piano wire.

It is dumb rules like that, that make people distrust our own government. When the rules of war are stacked against our troops the %#^%@#&*%$ING system is broken

Under the circumstances outlined by the OP, I'd agree completely with you. But could there be more to this story? Is it true? Seems like the sort of thing that the left would jump all over and use to the absolute limit. Just saying..

That is so weird, I am a wannabe cop too. I just got my HCP badge yesterday and I wear it everywhere I go.

I mean really last time i checked this was a forum, and the use of I guess what you consider proper grammar,punc, and what not is your world not mine. I use when I have too, other then that i'm going to be a lazy american who runs his sentences together like i'm doing this one so thank you for your concern, o and btw who carries a dang hcp badge that's just asking for trouble

don't scare of my 1 customer. I need to un-load a couple cases of hcp badge polish or special wax (plain car wax repackaged), hcp spring oil (gun oil repackaged), and replacement clips to someone.

BTW, I got those new pins for the back of your badge in,

Badge-Pin-with-Plate.jpg

Edited by vontar
Guest Caveman
I mean really last time i checked this was a forum, and the use of I guess what you consider proper grammar,punc, and what not is your world not mine. I use when I have too, other then that i'm going to be a lazy american who runs his sentences together like i'm doing this one so thank you for your concern, o and btw who carries a dang hcp badge that's just asking for trouble

I was just poking at you man, playing around, no need to get upset. Apparently you did not note the sarcasm in my posts concerning the HCP badge, so I will clarify for you.....I was being facetious, I do not carry a badge, nor do I drive a decommissioned cop car.

There, now we can all be friends again.

I was just poking at you man, playing around, no need to get upset. Apparently you did not note the sarcasm in my posts concerning the HCP badge, so I will clarify for you.....I was being facetious, I do not carry a badge, nor do I drive a decommissioned cop car.

There, now we can all be friends again.

lol alright man, can we hug now? lol