Anybody been seeing any bucks with antlers yet?

Has anybody seen any antlered bucks? I've seen a few but no good'uns yet. Looks like the young boys so far. I passed on a decent 8 point last season. Looked to be a 3 yr old. Maybe he'll look good this season. Since the limit was cut back I'm starting to see a few good bucks. The 9 point I killed last year netted 129 4/8. Good deer for the area I hunt.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a group of four coming into my place every day or so here in E. TN. The biggest is going to have a very nice spread rack when it develops and he gets it polished. I think he is the 8 pt that was around here last year. The other three are small, one only going to be a spike or button.

oldogy

Saw one last week, just a quick glance, but long enough to see that his velvet was already well outside his hears. I am hoping that passing on him last year pays off this year. Now if I can just keep the inbreed rednecks from shooting him from the road before bow season...

Guest BEARMAN
Saw one last week, just a quick glance, but long enough to see that his velvet was already well outside his hears. I am hoping that passing on him last year pays off this year. Now if I can just keep the inbreed rednecks from shooting him from the road before bow season...

A simple "heads up" to the TWRA prior to bow season, is all it will take to have them bring out Timex to your area, and nip the road hunter's in the bud.

Try it...I think you'll like the results.

I don't hunt, but I seem to be seeing deer, and birds of prey such as hawks, in areas that I don't normally see them. I'm seeing young deer walking up and down roads in parts of Bellevue I've never seen them in before. I've grown up in Bellevue my whole life minus 4 years I spent in Baton Rouge, and I spend all day driving around Bellevue. I'm wondering if this is just me or if other people have noticed this too, it's as if the animals are running out of room, and they're having to acclimate to areas more heavily populated with people that they would normally stay away from.

Guest Jcochran88

I have only seen two small bucks but have over 500 pictures of does from 6 different trail cams. I am not for sure but I think my area is seeing the results of the blue tong from a couple of years ago. Before I would have had 150 or so buck pictures by now. Who knows last year was the worst sighting year I have ever had and some folks had their best year. So maybe I just want see them till he is broadside at 20 yards.

5 deer in each picture. 1 Fawn 2 doe and 1 buck on left side plus one that I couldnt make out way in the back.

Saw them as I was on my way out couple evenings ago.

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/2512/img0977zd.jpg

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/869/img0978o.jpg

http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/289/img0979m.jpg

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/390/img0980d.jpg

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/3678/img0981x.jpg

Edited by Daniel
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest GunTroll

My wife just came in my shop and told me we had two bucks in our backyard/pasture. I went out and saw two nice 2 1/2 year olds. If they make it through the barrage of redneck fire this year and next they will be nice ones for the takin'. I like seeing velvet! Wish I was quicker on the camera work. I feel for my neighbor. They were probably eatin' up his crops from his small garden.

Guest BEARMAN
Saw another spike this morning. Seems like thats all I see this year. Maybe later I'll see something interesting.

Me too...the "big 'uns" are beginning to get a little antsy, with all that headgear growing on top of their noggins...they are starting to get that funny feeling that...somethings up...:D:)

Guest clutepc

I saw a big 8 point get hit by a car on Old Hickory Blvd near Edmondson Pike the other night.. made me sick..

Sad to see a great buck go like that.