Imprinting at the Liquor store

So I was at the liquor store yesterday to pick up som Flying Dog Raging Bitch beer for the Fourth an I had to bend down to the floor to get it ( guess my G27 imprinted bending down so low). As I arose standing beside me was a vision in all things 511 and full body armor. This "gentleman" asked me what police department I belonged to. I stated that I belonged to none. He then said I was breaking the law by carrying in a liquor store. I said that I did not believe that to be the case but if he was a security guard acting on hehalf of the owner, he could ask me to leave. He stated that would not be necessary but I needed to "know the law about carrying in a liquor store or a bank". I told him it was also legal to carry in a bank, but hats and sunglasses are no-no's. He then told me that he was a "state police officer working security on the side and I know the law". At that quote, I was kind enough to ask him "What department do you belong to? My wife has some pretty good friends at TBI that I'd like to have commend you on your knowledge of the law".

This guy then states the damnest thing I've ever heard "My deparment is so secret and high up that I'm not at liberty to discuss it." His blacked teeth suggested otherwise.

I told him I appreciated his educating me and that I would go ahead and leave and would never return to his store again.

Anybody know about this "State Secret Police"?:D

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I was at the liquor store yesterday to pick up som Flying Dog Raging Bitch beer for the Fourth an I had to bend down to the floor to get it ( guess my G27 imprinted bending down so low). As I arose standing beside me was a vision in all things 511 and full body armor. This "gentleman" asked me what police department I belonged to. I stated that I belonged to none. He then said I was breaking the law by carrying in a liquor store. I said that I did not believe that to be the case but if he was a security guard acting on hehalf of the owner, he could ask me to leave. He stated that would not be necessary but I needed to "know the law about carrying in a liquor store or a bank". I told him it was also legal to carry in a bank, but hats and sunglasses are no-no's. He then told me that he was a "state police officer working security on the side and I know the law". At that quote, I was kind enough to ask him "What department do you belong to? My wife has some pretty good friends at TBI that I'd like to have commend you on your knowledge of the law".

This guy then states the damnest thing I've ever heard "My deparment is so secret and high up that I'm not at liberty to discuss it." His blacked teeth suggested otherwise.

I told him I appreciated his educating me and that I would go ahead and leave and would never return to his store again.

Anybody know about this "State Secret Police"?:rolleyes:

Yep. Mall Ninja's. Very secret... very rare. You should have snapped a picture

Guest mcgyver210

Sounds like this guy was impersonating a law enforcement officer which is actually against the law unlike your concealed carry with a permit.

Guest tnxdshooter
Sounds like this guy was impersonating a law enforcement officer which is actually against the law unlike your concealed carry with a permit.

Right, I probably would have called the police and advised them of this guy so they could "check him out" this way they could see he was in fact impersonating a police officer and arrest him.

Guest jackdm3
Right, I probably would have called the police and advised them of this guy so they could "check him out" this way they could see he was in fact impersonating a police officer and arrest him.

That would be the Ruh Roh moment of his lifetime. I'd start watching "Cops" again if there was a chance to :rolleyes: on that.

I would have told him flat out he was wrong and to leave me alone.

and FWIW there is no law about hats or sunglasses in a bank either.

I know, but currently every bank around here is posted that way. Seems like those signs all went up over night.

I thought about it but figured I'd call on Tuesday. I figure they have enough to do on a holiday weekend than deal with one more idiot who's more of a nuisance than a danger (except to himself).

Guest milkman

I needed to "know the law about carrying in a liquor store or a bank".

Got to love TCA 94-1-101:rolleyes: and 94-1-102:rolleyes: (I can make up laws too)

Seriously though his line about the secret state police has to be the dumbest thing I have ever heard. I probably would have come back with, "You can tell me, I'm cleared for that, I use to work at Area 52."

Also if he was the official security guard I probably wouldn't go back.

Guest mcgyver210

This really doesn't seem to be a joke since this guy may get more aggressive with the power feeling he is getting. It could also escalate to him deciding you are a criminal just because you have a concealed weapon. He needs to be reported & demoted before he hurts someone or gets hurt himself.

Is it the one right across from Rivergate Mall? If so I have been in there a few times and never seen any security. They are expensive anyway, I go to 31W Liquors right up the road.

yes, that's the one. I usually go to 31W, myself. However, they don't carry many "high gravity" beers. From now on, I'll go to Bluegrass in Hendersonville.

It takes all kinds.

Yup, I certainly would not have brought anything, I would have thanked them for saving me the money I was about to spend in their store as well as I pointed to the bottle of Johnny Walker Blue on the shelf.