River front park

Guest cappy

Guest cappy

So say i was to go to riverfront park in nashville this weekend to watch the fireworks with my family. since its a (park) is it legal to carry or no. would it be illegal since it is a public event or am i safe

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So say i was to go to riverfront park in nashville this weekend to watch the fireworks with my family. since its a (park) is it legal to carry or no. would it be illegal since it is a public event or am i safe

River Front park is a Nashville/Metro park, and Metro has passed a city ordinance banning carry in city parks. I'm not sure if the park is properly posted or not, but keep in mind there is an AG opinion that indicates proper posting is not required for city parks to still be off limits.

Public events are not restricted in TN, only government body meetings such as a city council meeting, courtrooms, etc.

There are a bunch of other places in Nashville to go and see the fireworks not in river front park, the music is broadcast over one of the radio stations... Personally I would stay on the other side of the river near the stadium on public property where it is for sure legal to carry. There are a couple of restaurants over by the Stadium which have a great view of the fireworks, and are not posted.

First of all, unless you get there VERY, VERY early, you'll likely be forced to stand in the street, not in the actual "park".

I tried the whole Riverfront Park thing several years ago, and I'll never do it again. Parking is a disaster, and it can take hours to get back to the Interstate. Not to mention the fact that there are so many people crammed into a small area, you will end up being covered in the sweaty DNA of anyone within 100 feet of you. It was not very pleasant for us.

We now park in a lot on Shelby St, right across from the Exxon and LP Field. Easy to get in and easy to get out. Great view, and plenty of room. We generally get there a little early so we can fire up the grill. Bring your lawnchairs and a cooler.

If you are worried about the musical aspect of the show, don't. You can hear it pretty well from the lot, and many folks tune their radios to whatever station is broadcasting. You won't miss a thing. It's the best place we've found to watch Nashville's Fireworks show.

FYI: If I recall correctly, it costs $10 to park in the lot. Could be more, or could be less. I can't remember.

Edited by TripleDigitRide
Guest cappy

hey thanks all for the info all these laws combining and seperating get confusing they contradict themselves. but I appreciate all the info i will prob. appear in the lot! happy 4th of july all!