2 Stage AR Trigger upgrade

I did some research. I wanted a better than stock trigger for my AR.

I settled on a Geissele 2 stage SSA. While looking at reviews and post I could not find a single bad word about these triggers.

Geissele is pronounced Guys Lee. (I have found on the net)

This was my first AR trigger install. It went very easy and took me about 30 minutes total. (From tear down of the old trigger and hammer to final cleanup and putting tools away.) All that was needed was a small punch and no hammer. I removed the old hammer first then the trigger did some cleaning installed the new trigger then hammer after I greased it up at a few points and that was it.

This trigger is very sweet! I have only dry fired it so far but I will shoot it in the mourning.

The take up is very light. The 2nd stage breaks clean and sharp.

Seems to be no break in needed. I have dry fired about 100 times and it still feels like it did when I first installed it.

This is some info one guy posted:

The Geissele SSA has a pull weight of about 4.5lb. 2.5 lbs on the first stage and 2lb on the second stage. The pull weights and sear engagement are non adjustable.

Trigger and hammer are made from quality tool steel

Sear surfaces are cut by a wire edm machine. Sears cut this way are very accurate and the non-directional surface finish of the wire edm gives a smooth trigger pull without the associated grittiness of directional machining marks left by a milling cutter.

The initial force needed to start the disengagement of the sear surfaces is low and the force linearly increases at a low rate. This helps the shot to fall at the initial point of aim and aids in building shooter confidence in his weapons ability to put the rounds where his sight is pointing.

The Geissele SSA trigger allows the shooter to slap through the trigger pull on close in shots but also set up a long range shot with a crisp trigger break.

A full force hammer spring is used for quick locktime and positive ignition of all types of ammo. No lightened hammer spring is used.

The hammer is lighter than a standard AR15 hammer. The lightened hammer favorably decreases locktime and increases accuracy of the weapon, especially for snap shots.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 6.8 AR

All I have are rock River NM triggers and I would love to try one of those. Just haven't sprung

for it because of the price. I have only heard great things about them, though. If you have used

the RR triggers, I would appreciate a comparison from you. I may have to break into the

piggy bank. :P

Jeff:______________

Thanks for the review. I take it that the Geissele trigger does not need adjustment. Is it the "non adjustable" one? Been thinkin about one of these myself.

Many thanks.

Leroy

I am going out right no0w to test fire the trigger among other guns.

I have never used a RRA 2 Stage. I am sure they are also a great trigger. I had seen a lot of good comments on those.

Leroy Yes this is the SSA that has no adjustments. I think the DMR one has adjustments. I went with the non adjustable one to start with. I wanted to make sure I liked the 2 stage first. Plus this way i do not have to use Loctite and also guess at the settings.

Ill be back in a few with my thoughts after shooting.

The Geissele 2 stage SSA is a joy to shoot. I shot 100 rounds today. 100 yds 200 yds and some blasting.

My 100 yd groups have tightened up about 1/4 inch. Maybe its knowing I have a new trigger that boosted my confidence or I was having a good day. But the new trigger seems to allow me more control and less squeeze and worry when lining up a shot.

To me this is the best money spent on a upgrade for any gun.

My old trigger was a stock Stag.

I am sure a lot of other 2 stage and match triggers out there are just fine and work well. But I have a hard time seeing working any better. Id not do anything to improve this trigger.

Guest FroggyOne2

If you use a Rock River trigger.. have it tuned up by John Hollinger at White Oak Pricision.. Of course the Geissele trigger is super.. one of the most used now a days in National Match Service Rifle compeition, the other is the Jewel Trigger.. There is one more to look at, X-Treme Shooting - Home And you will love the front page for sure!

Thanks for the writeup Jeff! Where did you buy it and how much?

I found mine in stock at Midway. It was 170$ but I had a code to get 25$ off plus free shipping. Plus no sales tax!

It also came with a hat.

best 145$ I have ever spent.

856652.jpg

Edited by JeffsSig