Anyone been to new indoor range?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Linoge
For anyone wondering if and when our new range will open... the status currently is that it looks like we are about to go to court with our contractor. He wants us to pay everything he thinks he is owed to date so he can walk off. He wants to turn his subs over to us to finish the range ourselves. Never mind that by his own numbers if we pay what he is asking now there won't be enough left in the original contract amount to finish. I believe the contractor is upside down and now wants me to make him whole so he can walk -- leaving me holding the bag. UGH!

Wow. That sounds amazingly... familiar. Does East Tennessee have any good contractors?

Best of luck getting the situation straightened out, though I have to ask a few questions: are the prices listed on your webpage's download roughly accurate for membership and range fees? Suffice to say, I am very interested in supporting another indoor rifle-rated range in Knoxville. And, speaking of, what exactly will "shooters of long guns must be under the direct supervision of a Range Master" entail? And does that apply to all long guns, or only rifle-caliber types? Thanks!

For anyone wondering if and when our new range will open... the status currently is that it looks like we are about to go to court with our contractor. He wants us to pay everything he thinks he is owed to date so he can walk off. He wants to turn his subs over to us to finish the range ourselves. Never mind that by his own numbers if we pay what he is asking now there won't be enough left in the original contract amount to finish. I believe the contractor is upside down and now wants me to make him whole so he can walk -- leaving me holding the bag. UGH!

Bottom line - we are doing are best to overcome this latest obstcle. In the meantime come down and see the new store and range. We are running specials on memberships. Also, we have lower prices across the board! We have cut our markups on most handguns and longguns by 3% to 5%. Some guns we have cut below cost and many more by as much as 10% . We also recieved hundreds of gun at discounted pricing and are passing the savings on to our customers!

I purchased a membership, I like the new store. Hopefully you can get everything straightened out befor too long. I may soon be in the market for a Glock 17, or possibly a 19.

I'd never suggest you getting one of those. I would, however, suggest you getting BOTH. :)

Be nice if I could afford both. Picked up a Glock 22 a few months back; had a Hi-Viz front site installed. Took it for it's first IDPA shoot on July 3rd, tied for 3rd on most accurate.

Good luck, Frontier! Sounds like you have a fine business there and I hope you overcome the issues with the contractor! :)

They are indeed good guys. I bought my first gun from them last fall. I'm excited to see the new store and especially the new range.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Spurhunter

I just found out Trevor from the "other" shop in the area is now working there, should be a good fit for Brant and customers. The store is above and beyond what I had envisioned, you really will be shocked if you had been to the old location. I hear the filtration system completion is coming VERY soon. I am looking forward to testing out the new range, I got to view the targets in operation the other day and its very impressive!

• 4 months later...

I tried out the new range last evening. NICE. You can run the targets out to what ever distance you chose or chose pre-programmed sequences whereby the targets will move back and forth at random and also expose themselves or turn sideways also at random. The ranges are well lighted. The ventilation system works so well that it's cold in there because the air is turned over faster than the heaters can warm the place.

The new retail store is also a nice facility. There were adaquate staff members to handle the customers and they were all friendly and helpful. Between range time and a box of 45acp my bill was less than $40.

I have to give a good rating on this trip report.