Renewal took 5 1/2 months...

Back on January 12th I realized that HCP expired on the 14th. So on the 13th I went to the DL station off Centennial. Filled out the renewal sheet, paid my money and got my receipt so I would still be legal. I waited and waited but nothing ever showed up in my mailbox. Since I had my receipt and was still legal I kinda forgot about it. Well yesterday I finally got my permit. It took 5 months and 16 days. At least I don't have to carry that yellow paperwork and receipt anymore. :meh:

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tenman

Yeah, posted a similar experience in another thread. I waited a couple days shy of 6 months for mine to arrive. Got pulled over once (no headlights on, just started raining) with gun in vehicle, the LEO looked fairly young and was likely fairly new but he went by the book. Asked if I I had a CCP and if there was a gun in the vehicle. Responded yes to both, gave him my documentation of renewal; that was about the 5 1/2 month mark. He did let me go without a citation :) Not sure what the problem is on the renewal side but if it's going to take 6 months at least send the renewal info 6 months early :meh:

I've always figured one reason renewals take so long is there is no time limit on them like the 90 days on new permits. So add the fact that you can still carry and that new applicants must be processed in a certain amount of time...no wonder renewals get pushed to the back of the line.

One thing I've noticed from this though, is I actually git a bit longer than 4 years on each permit. Karhman..you said previous permit expired 01/14/10 right?...Well 4 years from that would be 01/14/14, but I bet the new expiration date is later than that by a few months. Mine have always shown 4 years from the new issue date, not what the old expiration date is.

Now I know it's not much and definitely not a reason to delay starting the renewal process, but at least it is a little bit of a bonus.

Received my letter from DOS on 5/06/10. HCP expired 6/29/10. Letter says to allow 90 days from date of application for renewal. I guess they will wait until july or whenever to get around to processing. Doesn't say much for efficiency.

One thing I've noticed from this though, is I actually git a bit longer than 4 years on each permit. Karhman..you said previous permit expired 01/14/10 right?...Well 4 years from that would be 01/14/14, but I bet the new expiration date is later than that by a few months. Mine have always shown 4 years from the new issue date, not what the old expiration date is.

Fallguy.

You got me all excited so I just pulled it out to check and it expires......1/14/14 :) no extra time for me. Oh well.

Guest GLOCKGUY
Yeah, posted a similar experience in another thread. I waited a couple days shy of 6 months for mine to arrive. Got pulled over once (no headlights on, just started raining) with gun in vehicle, the LEO looked fairly young and was likely fairly new but he went by the book. Asked if I I had a CCP and if there was a gun in the vehicle. Responded yes to both, gave him my documentation of renewal; that was about the 5 1/2 month mark. He did let me go without a citation :bowrofl: Not sure what the problem is on the renewal side but if it's going to take 6 months at least send the renewal info 6 months early :yum:

If the officer would of ask me if I had a CCP I would of said no, but I do have a HCP.

Of course the same as with new applicants, one variable on how long it takes is on how long it takes the sheriff to get back with the state.

Some may get it in and send it back the same or next day. Some may never respond at all so the state waits until the 30 days the sheriff has is up.

i got mine in 3-4 weeks:)
It took me about 3 weeks to get my permit back when I renewed. I also just checked and no extra time for me either, still expires the same day it always has.
My coworker got his renewal in two and one-half weeks.

YAll and TCLouis's co-worker all suck ;)

JK :D