My letter from THP

I got a letter inviting me for interview. I am going to pass though. What is odd is they are asking you to bring family or friends now.

I had originally interviewed with them in January 2001 after moving here in 1999 then taking the civil servants test in 2000. I got my first acadmey spot for 2002 but because I had just started working for a department I wanted to see how that panned out before quitting for THP. I have passed on at least 2 academy dates at different times since then. I always called to keep me on the active roles as a backup plan.

My veteran's preference kept me pretty high on the roles for a number of years.

I am now going to remove myself from the active roles. There is no way I would ever pass the academy with my current injury.

Dolomite

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I applied with THP back in 93 when I retired from the USAF. I was on the register and got several letters asking me to come in, but my career goals took a different tack, and I never did. Not interested anymore, but it's odd that after this long, I also got one of those letters...would have thought my name was long gone from their records, lol.

Guest Glock23ForMe
I applied with THP back in 93 when I retired from the USAF. I was on the register and got several letters asking me to come in, but my career goals took a different tack, and I never did. Not interested anymore, but it's odd that after this long, I also got one of those letters...would have thought my name was long gone from their records, lol.

You're always gonna be in there records, but they just might stop mailing stuff to you, but, I'm sure, you'll still be there. :):meh:

Guest FroggyOne2

Yeah, I got one of those letters too.. but now.. I have too much time with the state to be considered.. 19.5 years.. I would be wasting my time.