Polish P64 Pistol now C&R Eligible

And if someone is heading down to stones river anytime soon let me know, I'd like to put a few rounds through one, we could swap and you could try out my GEN 4 Glock 17 I got a few weeks ago. A friend and myself plan on going there tomorrow some time in the afternoon...... COOP

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad to see some more people getting into these, I love mine!

Can't wait to shoot mine.

I got the Wolff springs in yesterday. I went ahead and bought the Wolff recoil spring. It came with a new firing pin spring in the package with it. Are you supposed to replace the firing pin spring along with the recoil spring?

I got the Wolff springs in yesterday. I went ahead and bought the Wolff recoil spring. It came with a new firing pin spring in the package with it. Are you supposed to replace the firing pin spring along with the recoil spring?

We gotta hit the range together. I just watched the video linked below and I really really want one now.

I think I replaced both springs. My P64 came with the springs and I installed them before I ever fired it so I can't judge the difference it makes.

I think I need to soak mine in some mineral spirits though, my decocker feels really stiff. Yes, I just said that.

• 2 weeks later...

I gave in...ordered a P-64 and a Tok from SOG...missed a couple of good classified deals here, thanx to my company sending me out of state last week. Anyway, this should round out my collection of commie guns...for a while.

And here they is!!!

IMG_2799.jpg

The Brown Truck O' Happiness came Monday.

Paid the $10 for handpick on the P64 - it's a 1968 model and almost perfect - no muzzle wear, one tiny scratch, about 1/32" The gun was well-oiled, but the only cosmo was in the magazines. Field stripped & cleaned both, seem to be functional.

Haven't fired 'em yet...

p64.jpg

Finally getting my pic posted of my SOG buy. Mine is a 1974 model and appears to have never been issued. Replaced the hammer spring with a 17 lb Wolfe spring and it spits out the Silver Bear HP's with no problems. I got a IWB holster and it has become my carry gun when wearing shorts.

I didn't fire mine as it came. I replaced the hammer spring with the 17lb Wolff and headed to the range a week or so ago. It fired fine, but I did have two failures to feed with the Silver Bear HP's. It really needs a good polish job on the ramp. I have no doubt that after it gets that, it'll run like a champ.

Any suggestions on feed ramp polishing? There are some smiths in the Memphis area, but I don't have a clue what the going rate would be...

Lets try it ourselves. At absolute worst, we mess up a 170 dollar gun.

I still don't wanna mess it up! :) If I get a few minutes here soon, I might look around the web for some polishing ideas. I've heard of many people effing up their ramps with dremel tools, so I'm gonna guess that's out...

Very nice!!! I really like the P-64 and I need to order me one!!! COOP

Yes you do! I like the way it shoots and it's more accurate than I anticipated, but like most small guns with my big hands, it just ain't comfy. The plastic grips rubbed me raw between the thumb and index finger too. If I ever wanted to carry it, I'd invest in some fancy wooden grips.

Yes you do! I like the way it shoots and it's more accurate than I anticipated, but like most small guns with my big hands, it just ain't comfy. The plastic grips rubbed me raw between the thumb and index finger too. If I ever wanted to carry it, I'd invest in some fancy wooden grips.

Like these Marschalgrips.com