• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 9MM+357

Thanks guys. I will certainly continue to get more education and training from various resources. This is a great website and I've learned a lot by reading your posts on these forums.

Good.

It's always important to remember "there is no one right way." What works for one guy wont for another. It's very individual. So it makes sense to keep reading and talking to people.

I'll say that Jim Mauth is a great guy. I have shot with him before and know him. I am a little surprised they suggested the badge was a great idea. I'll have to ask him about it next time I see him.

I'll say that Jim Mauth is a great guy. I have shot with him before and know him. I am a little surprised they suggested the badge was a great idea. I'll have to ask him about it next time I see him.

I would be interested in what he has to say. I took my class through the Knox County Sheriffs Regional Training Center and our class was told to not wear one of them badges. I am guessing that since the cop who taught the course said it was a bad idea that the local johnnies look down upon it and it is best to heed the instructors advice.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Guest shadow12

Recently at a gun show, I overheard a conversation between a vendor and a customer. The vendow was selling badges and the customer questioned whether they were a good idea. The vendor stated, "As a police officer I like to be able to tell the good guys from the bad, this badge will help me identify you as one of the good guys".

Wow what a sales pitch, I think I will start selling them. STEP RIGHT UP, SHOW THE COPS WHAT A GOOD GUY YOU ARE. I'll even give a TGO discount........HAHAHAHA

PS: I love that badge MarsWolf.

Guest 9MM+357

Many people at the class bought them over the weekend. After reading advice from this forum, I'm kind of glad I did not purchase one.

If the state considered that badges were more appropriate than a card, as a permit to carry... they would have issued me one.

If quick identification is an issue, by all means carry your permit card in a manner which you can retrieve quickly... but don't go and lose all of your credibility after a shooting by misleading the responders initially that you are law-enforcement (which is of course what they will think if they see a guy waving a badge).

If you carry a handgun permit badge, you are going to get labeled a douchebag.

It's in the same category as the following people:

-Corvette guy who has the Corvette jacket, t-shirt, and hat.

-People who put louvers on late model Mustangs

-Dodge Truck guy with a "WHY DODGE IT WHEN YOU CAN RAM IT" sticker or something of that sort on his truck

Douchebags.

"WHY DODGE IT WHEN YOU CAN RAM IT"

LOL what the heck does that mean anyway?

Douchebag part two - tailgates down on pickup trucks, rustbomb hoopty rides with big ass rims and tires, sound systems that rattle cars within three car lengths of the offender.

Guest GLOCKGUY
Oh....I still sort of want one as a novelty at times... :up:

TN_Handgun_Carry_Badge.jpg

come on Fallguy you know you have this on right now standing in front of the mirror with your gun out saying "YOU TALKING TO ME" ;)

I mentioned this over coffee this morning in Bristol Mall. Everyone there (almost all veterans) thought the badges idiotic at best and dangerous in some cases.

I still can't believe a reputable school would recommend them - let alone sell them.

Also spotted a new mall walker wearing a pistol on his hip. Since Virginia is an open carry without permit state, I don't know if he was making a point or just doesn't have a CCP. As far as I know, no one gave him more than a quick look.

Guest canynracer
I mentioned this over coffee this morning in Bristol Mall. Everyone there (almost all veterans) thought the badges idiotic at best and dangerous in some cases.

I still can't believe a reputable school would recommend them - let alone sell them.

Also spotted a new mall walker wearing a pistol on his hip. Since Virginia is an open carry without permit state, I don't know if he was making a point or just doesn't have a CCP. As far as I know, no one gave him more than a quick look.

You are in Virginia?

Im lost...again....

NM....I see now...I know, I am a little slow :up:

Maxxguard, a security guard company in Jackson that teaches a HCP class also sell the badges and uses the same "recognizable as a good guy" claim. In fact the pic I posted was sent to me by a guy who took their class and bought the badge. He has since stopped wearing it.

:up: