Defeated Creek camp ground (ccw ok?)

Guest LetZrock

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

State managed recreational areas are covered under the same law as state parks... Call the State Parks number in Nashville and ask them who manages the campgrounds, they'll know or can find out for you.

Guest LetZrock
We go there often. It is patrolled by COE Rangers and Smith County Sheriff's Office. I've been meaning to stop one and ask them about legal carry. I keep mine in the nightstand in the camper and will probably continue to.

Is it legal as long as it stays in my camper?

• 3 months later...
Guest BEARMAN

Corps of Engineers is a federal entity, however, if it's not posted then I would say iffy at best.

But then again it's sitting on federal land, simply because the Cumberland river is a navigable waterway and was purchased by T.V.A. for flood management (we seen how that went, last May, right)...So, when you check-in for camping, the wording on the site map say's..."no weapons allowed"....So, I'm going with....no weapons allowed.

I just seen this and should have replied sooner. The campground rules they hand out do say NO WEAPONS. I stopped a Sheriffs office car on patrol to ask him about it, turns out it was the Sheriff, who has since been replaced. He told me that he believed in a man's right to protect his home, and while your camping the camper is your home. He told me that as long as he didn't see it, he wouldn't look for it. Seemed like a good guy. I'd a voted for him if I was a resident.