Can anyone tell me what this wedding band is worth?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt if anyone can give you an accurate value without the weight. It appears to be a used, worn piece of 14k scrap gold. Take it to a couple scrap gold buying jewlers and see what they offer. Double what they offer and that may be a reasonable place to start as an asking price. And for what it is worth, a jewler can make it look like new.

oldogy

Guest Lester Weevils

After it has been used for the intended purpose for a few years, its value will appreciate until it is worth your house and car and all yer money! ;)

Used on the wrong finger, it becomes a weapon of mass financial destruction!

Thanks guys.

I doubt if anyone can give you an accurate value without the weight. It appears to be a used, worn piece of 14k scrap gold. Take it to a couple scrap gold buying jewlers and see what they offer. Double what they offer and that may be a reasonable place to start as an asking price. And for what it is worth, a jewler can make it look like new.

oldogy

I'm going to buff it up before I sell it to him. I sure the missus would go bat**** crazy if he gave it to her in this condition

Guest db99wj

It looks to be a "comfort fit" wedding band which adds a little to the sales price of a wedding ring. Wedding rings appear to be based on the width. A comfort fit, 4mm can go for around $369.

Amazon.com: 14K Yellow Gold Comfort Fit Band - 4mm: DivaDiamonds: Jewelry

Mine is a 4mm comfort fit ring. I didn't pay that much for it 14 years ago. A jeweler can put that thing on their buffing wheel and it will shine like new.

It looks to be a "comfort fit" wedding band which adds a little to the sales price of a wedding ring. Wedding rings appear to be based on the width. A comfort fit, 4mm can go for around $369.

Amazon.com: 14K Yellow Gold Comfort Fit Band - 4mm: DivaDiamonds: Jewelry

Mine is a 4mm comfort fit ring. I didn't pay that much for it 14 years ago. A jeweler can put that thing on their buffing wheel and it will shine like new.

I took it to a pawn jewelers and was offered 40 so that's what I ended up selling it to him for. For a friend, I wasn't looking to make anything on it.... but damn!

Why couldn't you have posted that 10 minutes sooner! :tinfoil::P

Actually, this was a girls ring and I don't think it was quite that wide. I figured the place that quoted me would have resold it for around 100.

14k Gold 4-mm Half Round Wedding Band | Overstock.com

Guest Jamie

I don't know what it's value is, but I do know the damned things can cost you your sanity if you're not careful... :-\

The one pawn shop I used to visit always had a tray full of used wedding and engagement rings sitting in one of the cases. And every time I saw it, all I could think was "now there's a :tinfoil:-load of misery".

J.

why in the world would anyone want to buy a used one?

As bad as being married might be ( an did you ever wonder why people say don't do it? It is because don't do it!)

Wouldn't a used wedding band have all kind of bad ju-ju wrapped around it?

Do you buddy a favor and sell it yourself to a scap jeweler and go buy beer with the proceeds. It would be worth money just to be rid of the demonic thing.

Just my 2 cents

Guest Jamie
why in the world would anyone want to buy a used one?

As bad as being married might be ( an did you ever wonder why people say don't do it? It is because don't do it!)

Wouldn't a used wedding band have all kind of bad ju-ju wrapped around it?

Do you buddy a favor and sell it yourself to a scap jeweler and go buy beer with the proceeds. It would be worth money just to be rid of the demonic thing.

Just my 2 cents

My thoughts exactly. :P

I mean, they may all be cursed, but with a used one, you know the curse is active and working. :tinfoil:

J.

Guest PeaShooter

al-gore-17408390035_xlarge.jpeg

"....you see, I got this wedding band, how much do you think it's worth?

"Man, my head is killing me.

It must be from all the heat Tennessee is now experiencing."

Seems you might have gotten lowballed to me.

I sold my old similar 14K plain wedding band about a year ago (in 'Nooga oddly enough, Kennedy) for $50, and gold has at least doubled since then. He was only buying it for the gold, AFAIK.

- OS