STG/AUG Owners! Neu-Trigger Range report!

Got 270 rounds through drcoffee's soon to be released Neu-Trigger today and I will just say it was a pleasure. It is a simple $25 (shipped) drop-in part that makes a world of difference for the STG, AUG, TPD, etc. All you do take out the trigger pack and install. No further breakdown is needed. It also does not alter any parts permanently so it is 100% reversible and transferable if necessary.

While the weight certainly felt less, the take up, reset, and break were VAST improvements over the stock trigger. The stock trigger play is now gone. No more take-up, very clean crisp break and minimal reset. Pull feels lighter but I have no way to measure. It could be the overall improvements that make it feel lighter.

Not one single problem shooting Wolf 55g ammo. I figured I'd stick with my budget stuff thinking if it works with this it will work with anything.

I did rapid firing sequences as well as three round groups and then single shots (@ 100 yards.) for accuracy. I really noticed the trigger improvements on the rapid sequences and the single shots. During the rapid mag dumps the minimal reset and lack of pre-travel really shined and made the gun incredibly faster on follow up shots than the stock trigger. On the single/accuracy shots the non-existent take up and very crisp break made it easy to put shots were I intended.

I only wish I had calipers to test the before and after measurements. Either way the "feel" and performance is much improved.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest drcoffee

First, I want to thank you for being patient and allow me to get this right. My goal was threefold. First, it had to work properly right out of the box without adding weight/bulk to the hammer mechanism or permanently altering the factory parts. Second, it needed to be simple and easy to install without compromising the safe use of the rifle. Lastly, it had to be affordable.

Finally, you are going to be more impressed with your gun's performance than it's looks. What I have engineered is a PnP way to eliminate most of the friction between the sear and the hammer. This accounts for 2-3 Lbs of force required to pull the trigger. After considerable study, I found that no matter how much you “Armor All,†polish and buff the hammer or sear, plastic on plastic will always have a certain frictional coefficient. The factory setup is as good as it will ever get unless there is a fundamental change in the materials used. Neu-Trigger was designed to strip out as much friction as possible. The benefits of Neu-Trigger are simple; lower trigger pull weight and a smoother trigger pull without compromising saftey.

Nathan was kind enough to test this on his his rifle and reported back with the same results that I had achieved. The Neu-Trigger will fit all AUG style rifles whether it is the Steyr, MSAR or TPD. Because in full-auto mode, it only affects the first shot fired, it is safe for use on all hammer groups whether semi-auto or full-auto or 3 round burst The design is based on permanent attachment so that no adjustment will be needed, yet removable should you ever want to restore the rifle to the factory setting.

Note: Most everyone has seen the video of me firing my STG556 with a 3Lbs trigger pull. That was simply to dispell the myth that the AUG cannot cycle with a low trigger pull weight. A 3 Lbs trigger is not safe for use.

CAUTION: Neu-Trigger is not to be used in conjunction with any other hammer group modifying devices. Neu-trigger is designed to be used alone.

Demonstration:

http://www.youtube.com/user/corvetguy64#p/u/1/VB284Mq_3rE

http://www.youtube.com/user/corvetguy64#p/u/0/FA3d3aBNG60

Thank you,

drcoffee

* Patent Pending

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Got 270 rounds through drcoffee's soon to be released Neu-Trigger today and I will just say it was a pleasure. It is a simple $25 (shipped) drop-in part that makes a world of difference for the STG, AUG, TPD, etc. All you do take out the trigger pack and install. No further breakdown is needed. It also does not alter any parts permanently so it is 100% reversible and transferable if necessary.

While the weight certainly felt less, the take up, reset, and break were VAST improvements over the stock trigger. The stock trigger play is now gone. No more take-up, very clean crisp break and minimal reset. Pull feels lighter but I have no way to measure. It could be the overall improvements that make it feel lighter.

Not one single problem shooting Wolf 55g ammo. I figured I'd stick with my budget stuff thinking if it works with this it will work with anything.

I did rapid firing sequences as well as three round groups and then single shots (@ 100 yards.) for accuracy. I really noticed the trigger improvements on the rapid sequences and the single shots. During the rapid mag dumps the minimal reset and lack of pre-travel really shined and made the gun incredibly faster on follow up shots than the stock trigger. On the single/accuracy shots the non-existent take up and very crisp break made it easy to put shots were I intended.

I only wish I had calipers to test the before and after measurements. Either way the "feel" and performance is much improved.

Smith, I got a e-mail that it is ready.

Edited by R1100R
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest drcoffee

Nate,

I started working on a target pack for benchrest use. I shaved a little off the spur and installed a trigger stop. With only the neu-trigger, the pull weight is 5 lbs and very tight. The best part. I can drop it on the buttstock from 9" and the hammer holds. An STG 5 lbs target trigger that is safe. It's so crisp that you'd think it was an AR15.

only 20 rounds but i like mine. really didnt know i had a problem. i made some shots without it nobody believes but will get back to my 300 yrd targets one of these days and see if it is any better. for now i AM happy

Went to the range today with my STG. With the neu-trigger installed it was a vast improvment. No take up and crisp. I shot a variety

of ammo through it trying to fing out what it liked. It fed 150 rds without a hick up, same trigger pull. It was not as accurate as my

S&W AR in 5.45 Russian. I still need to work on the STG's pet load.

Guest drcoffee

I found that the surplus south African M1A2 5.56 shot the best groups, even when compared to Balck Hills blue box. It really depends on the ammo and less on the shooter. If you want to go for accuracy close off the the gas port so the action does not cycle.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I found that the surplus south African M1A2 5.56 shot the best groups, even when compared to Balck Hills blue box. It really depends on the ammo and less on the shooter. If you want to go for accuracy close off the the gas port so the action does not cycle.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

As what distance was that shot? What grain and where can you find the SA surplus.

I was using the factory optic. Most on here have the rail option with mixed types of sights.

I shot Privi, PMC X-TAC, Remington and Silver Bear. The X-Tac green tip 62 gr seemed to be the most accurate with 4" Groups.

Edited by R1100R
Guest drcoffee

That's my stash from over a decade ago. I only wish I had bought more of it instead of being so cheap. Do you remember how inexpensive it was back then. Dohh! Another "Homer Simpson" moment.

I can't remember if that was at 50 yds or 100 yds but those targets were from my break in period with the heavy trigger and the 1.5 scope. The SA just kept punching the same hole and the few flyers were related to the trigger pull. I'll have to take a few boxes of SA out to the range again and see what I can do at 100yds. I was really disappointed in the Black Hills ammo. For $13/box it should have performed a heck of a lot better.

Edited by drcoffee
  • 2 months later...