Finger printing question.

Getting fingerprinted for the carry permit is the only thing that is not clear to me.

What I gather from here is that the license station will send me somewhere else to do the printing, no additional cost.

Now here is what I don't know. Do I now leave the ball with this third party and expect them to run with it or do I have to take copies of the prints back to the DMV ?

I'll be applying at the Millington location in Shelby County in case anyone can provide any feedback.

Thanks

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bkelm18
Getting fingerprinted for the carry permit is the only thing that is not clear to me.

What I gather from here is that the license station will send me somewhere else to do the printing, no additional cost.

Now here is what I don't know. Do I now leave the ball with this third party and expect them to run with it or do I have to take copies of the prints back to the DMV ?

I'll be applying at the Millington location in Shelby County in case anyone can provide any feedback.

Thanks

The prints are electronic. They are submitted to the state as soon as they are taken.

Guest Glock23ForMe

You go to the DMV and submit all you paperwork and pay your $115 fee. This fee covers everything, the fingerprinting place bills the STATE for fingerprinting you, I think they charge them $47 per person (from what I read in that little pamphlet that the DMV gives you about the place). You go to the place they tell you to, or one that you find is closer and sit down and wait for them to fingerprint you. When they do, they put some kind of oil on your fingers and roll your fingers over this little glass thing that reads them and automatically uploads your fingers to the state and they run your fingerprints. Yeah, they work it out. Don't worry, when everything automatically uploads to where its supposed no, no one can "drop the ball," so to speak.

Thanks eapking, I go by RangeUSA on whitten road on my way to work. I'll have to check tier price for the class.

You ought to drop in on the get together there Saturday morning. I think a few of us will be there (Shelby Countians).

RangeUSA in Bartlett does printing, but go to the Millington DMV first. It all starts there. They'll tell you what happens next. One of those things is to go to another place to get printed.

I went to RangeUSA for fingerprinting. They were very fast and I believe they did not charge because I took the HCP class with them as well.

According to their wesbite the fingerprinting for handguns is open:

Tuesday – Friday 11:00am – 7:00pm Saturday 11:00am – 5:00pm

Guest Glock23ForMe
I went to RangeUSA for fingerprinting. They were very fast and I believe they did not charge because I took the HCP class with them as well.

They don't charge you because they charge the State of TN. That's why our HCP fee is $115. $47 of it, I believe, goes just to get Fingerprinted.

You ought to drop in on the get together there Saturday morning. I think a few of us will be there (Shelby Countians).

That may be possible. It's definitely gonna be too hot to fish. Is this a one time gathering or something done all the time? tell me more.

NEVER MIND. I just found about the call to arms in the events forum. I is a dumb newbie!

Edited by 94user
Guest Glock23ForMe
I is a dumb newbie!

There is no such thing here:), and if there was it would still be me:D

Agreed! I'd be one too.

Guest rsgillmd
RangeUSA in Bartlett does printing, but go to the Millington DMV first. It all starts there. They'll tell you what happens next. One of those things is to go to another place to get printed.

I'll second Range USA. I went there around lunch time. They were efficient and friendly. They even gave me a voucher for lane rental.

One of their days, I think Wednesday, is free gun rental with purchase of range time. So I used my voucher for the lane rental on that day and basically tried out a bunch of guns for the cost of the bullets.