Smith and Wesson Bodyguard .380 Semi-Auto??

Guest dboonekilledabearhere

Guest dboonekilledabearhere

Does anyone have any first hand experience with this pistol? I was curious about the recoil, build quality, etc.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cheez

Not released yet but it sure does look good. Comes with built in laser from factory. It is a bit late IMO for the mouse gun frenzy of last year but I'm sure it will sell briskly anyhow.

Guest JHatmaker

From what I've read as far as the journalists who've gotten a chance to shoot it, it's going to give the LCP a decent run for the money. The built in laser is by Insight I believe, and so far everyone's been impressed with the build quality. They've got a polymer revolver in .38 spl called the BodyGuard as well to compete w/ the LCR. The problem is that as soon as the Bodyguard revolver gets here, Ruger will be releasing the LCR in .357 Magnum...decisions decisions

Guest 10mm4me

A friend of mine is an NRA certified instructor/career LEO/and buddies w/several S&W reps...long story short, he has one and has had it for months. He likes it alot. It has been 100% reliable and carries well in the pocket. He says it is a good choice for a pocket .380

As much as I love my LCR I have ZERO desire to shoot one chambered in .357mag the 38+p packs quite a wallop. I have a 3" J-frame that is fun to shoot with the 357...but the Ruger(and my hand) have all they can handle with the lil 38+p.

Edited by Magiccarpetrides
info
  • 1 month later...

Well, never thought I would ever buy a .380 but I bought a S&W Bodyguard 380 yesterday for the wife. We went out looking for a Kel-Tec PF9 or similar and found this at Bill's Outpost in Maryville (a great place to do business....great atmosphere, good prices and selection). Did not find a PF9 but checked out all the Ruger and Kel-Tec models. As soon as the wife picked up the Bodyguard and racked the slide she was hooked. Most ladies have some difficulty racking slides but this little gun is easy to operate. Build quality is great and contrary to what some folks have said, we think it's a good looking gun. Comes with only 1 mag as most of these guns do but extra mags are supposed to be available by the end of September. Can't give a range report yet but will do so soon.

The important thing is that this is a gun she will carry. Size and weight is such that it would be very easy to carry consealed by folks of any build or body weight.

No problem. MSRP is 575.00. 449.00 was my price. There are some online sources with a price of 380.00 +/- 10.00. But with shipping, FFL, and background you're back pretty close to 449.00 and it's worth a little more to me to have a dealer I can talk to face to face should it be necessary. Fantastic deal? No. Decent? Yes, based on my current research.

I bought one for my wife last Thursday at Academy Sports on 153 in Chattanooga, it was the only one they had. I got it for $429.99 plus tax and tics. We have not had a chance to take it to the range, but she loves how it fits in her hand. The build quality seems very nice. I do wish the trigger pull was more like the Taurus TCP I got for myself a while back. THe Bodyguard is pretty long and a lot heavier that the Taurus, but it does offer double strike capability that the Taurus does not.

Guest Adam Williams

I bought a Smith Bodyguard 380 last week and I love it. It went through 150rds in a couple of sessions just fine. It shoots corbon very well too