All TVA Credit Union branches are posted

Guest m&pc9

Guest m&pc9

I went by the TVA Credit Union on Friday. And noticed they had posted. So I made a call to voice my opinion. (I was very civil) First I talked to a lady and told her I did not like the Idea of them posting. Because I carry all the time and did not want to disarm and leave my gun in the car unattended for someone to steal. And I carry to protect my family and myself and the bad guys would not care about their sign. She said she would pass the info along to the president of the credit union so I said "Can I talk to the president"? She Said yes but he would have to call me back.

About 4 hours later the head of security called me. I voiced my opinion and ask if they had a problem with someone who is a HCP holder. He said at the Clinton Hwy branch they had a HCP holder come in and talk to the manager and while he did that he unholstered his gun and laid it in his lap while they talked. (I hope that was a line of BS) He also talked about they didnt want a shoot out if someone came in to rob them. And I responded "I would not care if they were getting robed as long as I didnt feel my familys safety was in danger.

He also said if I carried in concealed they wouldnt search me. And I responded "I carry concealed all the time but if I come in and a police officer sees a print or the butt of the gun I could be arrested and lose my HCP and be fined."

He also stated he is on a community group of banks and said most E TN banks are going to post. They are just the first ones to do it.

I think I still want to talk to the president. I will call them next week.

If you are a member or just dont like their decision to post give them a call and be heard. 865-544-5400

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He also talked about they didnt want a shoot out if someone came in to rob them.

He also said if I carried in concealed they wouldnt search me.

By these comments from the security chief, I wonder if the posting is more of a liability the banks and credit unions have, if someone gets shot in their business, than an anti-gun stance.

I am a member of the "Knoxville Employees TVA Credit Union" and will call them.

Guest m&pc9
By these comments from the security chief, I wonder if the posting is more of a liability the banks and credit unions have, if someone gets shot in their business, than an anti-gun stance.

I am a member of the "Knoxville Employees TVA Credit Union" and will call them.

Thank you for calling, I hope we can get more people to call.

Guest 270win

I've never seen any sort of sign at any BofA, First Tenn, Regions, Wells Fargo, Citibank(yes I know they're not in TN), Suntrust, or any of the larger banks across the country.

I don't like big banks, or many banks for that matter, but I avoid ATM fees by using a large national bank like Bank of America or Regions VS a little community bank. I also don't get the stupid 'no carry' garbage when I make deposits. They all have 'policies' for employees...but most larger banks could care less if customers are legally carrying concealed....b/c many businessmen are depositing money and carrying handguns.

I'd be yanking money real quick out of a sorry bank that doesn't respect folks defending themselves when carrying money to deposit by sticking up signs....and I'd be carrying my gun for protection well concealed when I go pick up my money to take to another bank!

Guest TnRebel
I've never seen any sort of sign at any BofA, First Tenn, Regions, Wells Fargo, Citibank(yes I know they're not in TN), Suntrust, or any of the larger banks across the country.

I don't like big banks, or many banks for that matter, but I avoid ATM fees by using a large national bank like Bank of America or Regions VS a little community bank. I also don't get the stupid 'no carry' garbage when I make deposits. They all have 'policies' for employees...but most larger banks could care less if customers are legally carrying concealed....b/c many businessmen are depositing money and carrying handguns.

I'd be yanking money real quick out of a sorry bank that doesn't respect folks defending themselves when carrying money to deposit by sticking up signs....and I'd be carrying my gun for protection well concealed when I go pick up my money to take to another bank!

Pick your poison !!!

I HATE THIS BANK ANYWAY, THE FREAKIN ROBBERS THAT THEY ARE

Bank of America, can I help you?

Customer: Yes, I want to cancel my account. I don't want to do business with you any longer.

The Bank: Why?

Customer: You're giving credit to illegal immigrants and I don't think it's right. I'm taking my business elsewhere.

The Bank: Well, Mr. Customer, we don't want to see you do that, but we can't stop you. I'll help you close the account. What is your account number?

Customer: (gives account number)

The Bank: For security purposes and for your protection, can you please give me the last four digits of your social security number?

Customer: No

The Bank: Mr. Customer, I need to verify your information, but in order to help you, I'll need verification of who you are...

Customer: Why should I give you my social security number? The reason I'm closing my account is that your bank is issuing credit cards to illegal immigrants who don't have social security numbers. You are targeting that audience and want their business. Let's say I'm an illegal immigrant and you've given me a credit card. I have a question about it and call for assistance. You wouldn't be asking me for a Social Security number, would you?

The Bank: No sir, I wouldn't.

Customer: Why not?

The Bank: Because you would have pressed '2' to speak in Spanish. We don't ask for that information when calling in on the Spanish line.

If it does raise the hair on the back of your neck, then forward it to every human in the country including every representative in Washington , DC four times a week for a month.

Provided "snopes" for doubters:

snopes.com: Bank of America Credit Cards for Illegals