how many questions on HCP test

Just wondering, how many questions on are on the HCP test?

Is it like a 50 question test? more?

true/false

Multiple choice?

essay, please say no here.

What can I expect, with out telling me something I should not know.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Glock23ForMe

Its 30 questions... Pretty much, you have to have a brain, be breathing on your own, and maybe, mayyyyyyybe listened to like three words of what the guy said. That and know what FAB is in accordance to a firearm. F. rame A. ction B. arrel.

The written test is easy.

Full dis-assembly and re-assembly of a 1911 in under 5 minutes flunked some folks, though.

- OS

Hey now, what is with this full dis assembly and re assembling bit, I am not a gun smith.

Will be be expected to take apart our own gun ? or will they have practice guns for that part that they hopefully teach on?

This might be the touchest part for me here.

me thinks you are stressing out way tooooooooooo much over this thing. LOL

It is simple, I have no idea how anyone could flunk it.

Hey now, what is with this full dis assembly and re assembling bit, I am not a gun smith.

Will be be expected to take apart our own gun ? or will they have practice guns for that part that they hopefully teach on?

And I think you might need to change your nickname to Gullible1.

Guest Glock23ForMe
The written test is easy.

Full dis-assembly and re-assembly of a 1911 in under 5 minutes flunked some folks, though.

- OS

Gosh, OS, you're scaring people on here now.... goodness... Aren't we supposed to be friendly?!?!

Guest TnRebel

I just took mine yesterday and like someone said half the question ( 30 ) where repeated in T/F and mutable , and we had to beak down our own peace and reassemble it with no time limit .. what was funny was watching one lady tring to brake down her 38 revolver . LOL

Now will have both Tn and Fl. permits.

I concur with Bkelm. I am on a permeate soapbox about the fact that so many people take and pass the HCP class with no prior firearms training and most likely will never have any addtiional. Having said that to provide futher aid to those persons a lot of class rooms have visual aids such as posters hanging on the walls. There is a good chance that a lot of the material on the test may actually be displayed somewhere around the class room.

And I think you might need to change your nickname to Gullible1.

well my real concern was breaking down Dad's Gun more than anything. I am going to be testing with it.

Soon after, (money being the delaying factor) I plan to buy a New .22 Ruger Mark III for Target practice and Yes, I will learn to totally break it down for cleaning.

I guess I just was not expecting to do it in the class with Dad's.

Hmmmmmm.

well my real concern was breaking down Dad's Gun more than anything. I am going to be testing with it.

I guess I just was not expecting to do it in the class with Dad's.

have you read this thread or am I missing something?

Guest mikedwood

Pay attention in class and know the FAB (frame action barrel) and you should be fine.

I think the hardest part was break before the test after listening to someone talk non stop for 6 hours. So much in your head spinning and it seems impassable but in the class I took it with no one failed and none of us were rocket scientists.

The lady in front of me though very sweet was perhaps one of the ummm, least intelligent people I have EVER met in my life. I'd say she could make a heck of an apple pie or Thanksgiving turkey but I do think she was wearing slip on shoes for a reason. She freaking PASSED!

Pay attention in class and it's cake.

Guest Caveman

We had to learn how to properly polish an HCP badge and then they took us out to the parking lot to do an obstacle test with an old Crown Victoria......no one else had to do that.......really? :bowrofl: