Police Officer Punches "Lady".

Guest Swamprunner

Guest uofmeet

Going back the the pepper spray/Tazing, i do not see how you could use either of those in such close range.

That close pepper spray could bounce back on to the LEO and tazing that close doesn't make much sense to me either.

I think the officer did well.

And words from another forum,

"The Bi%^h go what she deserved."

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 6.8 AR

I'd say the cop was trying to do something right and it went south and he did what he had to do. He showed a lot of restraint and could have gotten hurt himself. He should be

applauded for his actions.

Guest Jamie
Going back the the pepper spray/Tazing, i do not see how you could use either of those in such close range.

That close pepper spray could bounce back on to the LEO and tazing that close doesn't make much sense to me either.

I think the officer did well.

And words from another forum,

"The Bi%^h go what she deserved."

After a while, you get used to the back-spray from the pepper spray.

One of the officers I used to work with usually ended up spraying everybody with 10 feet of him, every time he used his spray. We all knew that if we were assisting him... or even just standing too close when he pulled his spray, we were all gonna get some.

And yeah, it sucked the first few times it happened. After a while though, you barely even notice.

Oh, and Tazers can be used as a contact weapon, without firing the barbs, if the person is too close.

J.

Be more explicit - what exactly is a good punishment for contempt of cop - maiming, castration, death? Where do you draw the line? This officer made his mistakes before the cameras came out, not after. IMHO.

In Liberty,

Sean

Not contempt of cop. Assaulting a police officer. i'm talking about the ones that put their hands on him. The cop was just enforcing the law. There are reasons that there are laws against jaywalking, and physically assaulting a cop.

This seems to be an example of the downfall of parts of our society, there is no respect for authority figures, people are pushing to see how much they can get away with, and threaten to sue once THEY cross the line. My kids push the limits with me and I take, I take, I take so much, then they cross the line and I respond, but where my kids are different from these people is, they stop, they learn, they grow.

I was raised that you respect authority figures, whether it is your teacher, principal, adult, business owner, cop, firefighter, etc. In today's world, a large group of people lack this understanding and lack this respect. It only appears to be getting worse, especially if they can manipulate a pay day out of the deal. As long as the courts continue to pay frivolous lawsuits, people will continue to manipulate people and the system to get their check.

We have seen small micro events of this lawlessness throughout time, for example riots for what ever reason. The mentality of this is growing, and being spread, partly, possibly mostly, due to media/communication outlets such as the internet, youtube, etc. The state that our country is in economically could be leading us to a large outward showing of this behavior across the country. The lack of respect for other people, authority, etc, could cause all of us problems, whether it be our property, our way of life, or our lives.

It saddens me to see this type of behavior from people, it kind of scares me as well. I'm blown away by some of the stuff that is shown on youtube and the comments made. For a world that has grown and advanced, we sure do seem to be going back the other way at times. Kinda of scary.

Makes me want to go buy some more .40 and 5.56.

:(

All very well said.

Basically the country needs to spend less time making worthless new laws, and spend more time enforcing the ones already in existance, as well as making the punishments alot worse for every law out there. There is almost no fear of breaking any laws anymore, because the punishments aren't really that bad these days. So what if you got to jail, half of the criminials out there already have family in prison, so they get an expense paid trip to go visit them. Also while there they can get an expense paid college education, free cable tv, free food, a free roof over their head, a free gym membership, free acess to sports facilities, free laundry services, among many many other tax payer funded things. Not to mention the fact that they can resist arrest and fight with officers to try to get the officers to use force, and then sue the city, county, state, etc. to try to get out of the charges as well as a free paycheck. Our courts and the media are the causes of these situations, and things are only going to get worse.

Guest Sgt. Joe

I support the Officer smacking the disrespectful beach, she should have listened to her hommie who tried to pull and keep her out of the situation in the beginning of the vid.

We did not get to see the very beginning of the incident and I feel it is quite possible that if the Officer was giving a warning to a young man, that he would have most likely done the same for the women had they not went nuts.:(

I think the Officer was lucky that the crowd did not attack him but then figured out the reason why was most likely because they knew the whole thing was being filmed. Take away the cameras and I think the situation would have gotten much worse for all involved.

Personally I would have very likely whacked them both with a Night Stick or used a Tazer. I dont like pepper spray as it could blow back on the Officer.

I also agree with what has been said about the total lack of respect for our LEO's these days. While the crowd did not attack him and a few said for the girls to quit fighting not one of them actually tried to help the Officer and a few simply walked on by. I find that sad and all too common these days.:(

Folks can say "more training and more training" all day long but I dont think it really is an issue, it is possible that the Officer is new and could use some more, but he stopped one person and ended up confronted by an entire crowd. Just as we can never train for every self defense situation that we may encounter, it is hard for LEO to train for every situation that they may encounter.

I do find it a bit odd that the Officer seemed to only have one set of hand-cuffs, all the ones I know here have at least two, either on their belts or additional ones in their cars.

All in all I am glad the Officer was not injured and do not feel he did anything wrong by taking the girl out of the fight the way that he did.

My Hat is Off to all those who patrol our streets, Y'all be careful out there now ya hear. There are Clowns to the left of you and Jokers to the right and they are constantly breeding.

While the crowd did not attack him and a few said for the girls to quit fighting not one of them actually tried to help the Officer and a few simply walked on by. I find that sad and all too common these days.:(

I agree with everything you said except the quoted part. If I see a cop trying to arrest someone, I will NOT get involved. I may watch from the sideline but unless the baddie pulls a gun or something, I am not involved. And I would imagine that cops probably want it that way. I don't think they want a civilian stepping in.

Guest Jamie
I agree with everything you said except the quoted part. If I see a cop trying to arrest someone, I will NOT get involved. I may watch from the sideline but unless the baddie pulls a gun or something, I am not involved. And I would imagine that cops probably want it that way. I don't think they want a civilian stepping in.

Generally not, but if the cop is on the south end of an ass-whuppin', I guarantee you that all help will be appreciated.

The main reason that "civilian" help is not wanted under normal circumstances is that it makes it difficult to sort out who's who for the uniformed back-up, when they arrive. They don't want to hurt anybody who's trying to be helpful, but they have no way of knowing who that is, if they come up on a "dog pile" when they get there.

J.

In a big way I would imagine you're right in the fact that alot of officers wouldn't want a civilian getting involved. The officer's job is to protect everyone, so by a civilian getting involved it only adds one more person for him to try to protect.

For me it would all depend on the situation as to whether I would stand on the sidelines or not. In this particular situation, had I known the women involved I may have tried to restrain one of them unless the officer told me to back off. Had the situation turned into one that put the officer in more danger I seriously doubt I could stand by and do nothing though. Having known several officers that were injured, even killed in the line of duty, I really don't think I could stand by and watch a lone officer be assaulted or even threatened by a group of people without at least letting the officer know that I was more than willing to assist him and accept any consequences in doing so.

Guest Abominable_Hillbilly
You do know that this was all started over JAYWALKING?

Excessive response from ALL involved. Officer included.

In Liberty,

Sean

It doesn't really matter how it got started unless you wish to argue that the police officer didn't have PC/RAS for seizure. He was within the bounds of the law to seize them in this situation, and they chose not to comply. They did so with violence. We can clearly see who escalated the encounter.

Now, I'm not saying they had to like being seized. I'm not saying they had to goose step and jump straight to compliance, say "please" and "thank you," call the officer "sir," or otherwise be sweet. The police, however, have to have much more compliance to their authority than these people demonstrated. We won't have much of a society if people can simply ignore a police officer's command to stop resisting arrest.

Frankly, this officer deserves a medal. There are plenty of jurisdictions where a severe beating would've been administered for much less resistance than that. It looked to me like the officer managed his use of force quite well in a very difficult situation. He probably would've been legally justified to have gotten much nastier. He kept his cool and behaved like a professional.

Also, notice the second officer who arrives. He didn't try to shoo the cameras away. I was impressed by that. All he did was request some breathing room. Good on him for respecting the First Amendment.

The officer is not to blame for the woman getting punched in the face. He would also not be to blame had he taken his firearm out and used it on all of the ones that were crowding him so that he could #1 protect himself, and #2 maintain order. It would be sad to see several people die over a simple jaywalking offence. However, the blame for such actions should fall on the ones breaking the laws, NOT the ones trying to enforce the laws while at the same time defending their own life.

I disagree. The only person who is responsible for this officer's actions are the officer. While this officer was justified IMO, we have to have accountability. We are all responsible for what we do, and no one "made" the officer do anything. He's a big boy, and he makes his own choices. He made the right choices here, but, let's be sure..............HE'S the one who made them.

The whole issue is about a total disrespect for law enforcement.............
This seems to be an example of the downfall of parts of our society, there is no respect for authority figures...........

I have no respect whatsoever for the government, and I detest dealing with their police. Authority is a moral proposition. Our government is decidedly immoral. Rotten to the core. That said, a person can still function in our society without behaving like the citizens in the video. One can manage to make it through one's day without winding up on youtube. Part of that is because of the random nature of the enforcement of laws related to petty crime. For me, my number simply hasn't come up yet. Part of it, though, is that I make better choices about dealing with authority figures. This isn't because I just automatically respect them. I surely don't have a respect reflex. It's because I wish to be effective, and, as we can all see, these women most certainly weren't. They went out like fools.

I disagree. The only person who is responsible for this officer's actions are the officer. While this officer was justified IMO, we have to have accountability. We are all responsible for what we do, and no one "made" the officer do anything. He's a big boy, and he makes his own choices. He made the right choices here, but, let's be sure..............HE'S the one who made them.

I agree with most of what you said in your post, and I also agree with the fact that he is a big boy and makes his own choices. I do have to say you're wrong on putting the blame on the officer though. Yes, he made the choice, but it was a choice that he was forced into. Do you really think he would have hit the woman in the face if she hadn't gotten involved? That's where I'm saying the officer is not to blame. The lady got into a situation that she shouldn't have been in. The other lady that he was trying to restrain should have complied. Had either of these two ladies done what they should have, the officer would not have been forced into taking action.

Saying that the officer is to blame for punching the lady in the face is like saying that he is to blame for the whole situation and should have just left them alone to break the laws in the first place.

Guest Sgt. Joe

I can pretty much agree with that also. Given the situation we are discussing there really isnt much a civilian could have done to help other than tried to help keep the crowd back. That is all I could have done other than have handed him another set of cuffs, which I do keep in my van. And now that I think about it I dont know for sure if that is legal in TN or not, if it isnt someone let me know and I will take them out. They are left over from my days as an MP and I just figured that if I ever did need them for something, which I can not really imagine what? but if so I would most likely be in the van so that is where they stay.

But as Jamie said had things gone south for the Officer there is no way I could have stood by and simply watched. I too have lost friends who were active LEO's and have known a few who were severely injured in the line of duty. In one of those cases the man was partially paralyzed for life after taking a beating by a crowd while another crowd stood by and watched.

That situation has always stuck in my mind and upsets me and makes me want to barf every time I think about it. I certainly do not understand the mindset of a lot of our society these days. And to think that incident happened several decades ago and that type of attitude has gotten worse since then.

So while I would help I am certainly going to have a very good idea of what is going on before I do. And I do mean a VERY good idea because I am about totally worthless if it comes to physical confrontations anyway these days, so in order to really help out I would need my protection tools and therefore I am going to be mighty careful before I go jumping into a situation that could lead to me being injured by the thugs or by other LEO's.....Mighty Careful.

Guest Abominable_Hillbilly

Saying that the officer is to blame for punching the lady in the face is like saying that he is to blame for the whole situation and should have just left them alone to break the laws in the first place.

I didn't use the word "blame." That would imply that there's some transgression for which guilt must be assigned. I said the officer is responsible for his actions.

If we don't hold public officials to account for what they themselves choose to do, then we run the risk of having a government that is even more out of control than it is now.

I doubt you and I will agree on this point, so I'll simply say this: I would argue that the downfall of our society is a lack of adult assumption of responsibility. We have too many people who wish to make others responsible for their lives. Saying that a suspect "made" or "forced" a police officer to do a certain thing is no different than a welfare mother with kids from ten different fathers blaming society for her plight.

Saw three cameras an no gun - only gun on the scene that I saw was the officer's. 2 phone cameras and one SLR camera on left hand of screen at the mark you state.

Why the moniker 'PAIN'?

You may be correct on the camera I watched it late last night could have sworn it was a gun but oh well. Why not the name Pain? Would you prefer it to be something else?

It doesn't matter if it began with a jaywalking stop. If he had a legal reason to stop her that's all that matters I don't care if it was for Murder, jaywalking, or littering.

• Admin Team

I'm kind of hesitant to step in here, as this thread seems to be taking that ominous turn that these threads usually make.

That said, the thing I keep thinking about here is not how we've failed this generation in their upbringing, but how we somehow failed their parents generation.

Mind you, I'm only 35, but if I had tried a stunt like those girls pulled, looking like a fool on YouTube would be the least of my concerns.

My dad would have killed me, and probably called the officer I assaulted to come help.

Guest db99wj
You may be correct on the camera I watched it late last night could have sworn it was a gun but oh well. Why not the name Pain? Would you prefer it to be something else?

It doesn't matter if it began with a jaywalking stop. If he had a legal reason to stop her that's all that matters I don't care if it was for Murder, jaywalking, or littering.

It did kinda look like a gun.

Come on, it was JUST jaywalking.......:Dwhich is even more reason these two dumbasses got what was coming to them, if they would have acted civilized, very likely they would have been on their way being told to not do that and to be careful.

Guest db99wj
I'm kind of hesitant to step in here, as this thread seems to be taking that ominous turn that these threads usually make.

That said, the thing I keep thinking about here is not how we've failed this generation in their upbringing, but how we somehow failed their parents generation.

Mind you, I'm only 35, but if I had tried a stunt like those girls pulled, looking like a fool on YouTube would be the least of my concerns.

My dad would have killed me, and probably called the officer I assaulted to come help.

+1

This thread has blown up since I was last online. I have no desire to read the many pages since.

With that, I have no idea if this has been said yet...

Just heard on the news that this officer was stationed at this location to stop jaywalking. There have been many accidents on the street caused by jaywalkers.

That is the reason the girls were stopped.

I didn't use the word "blame." That would imply that there's some transgression for which guilt must be assigned. I said the officer is responsible for his actions.

If we don't hold public officials to account for what they themselves choose to do, then we run the risk of having a government that is even more out of control than it is now.

I doubt you and I will agree on this point, so I'll simply say this: I would argue that the downfall of our society is a lack of adult assumption of responsibility. We have too many people who wish to make others responsible for their lives. Saying that a suspect "made" or "forced" a police officer to do a certain thing is no different than a welfare mother with kids from ten different fathers blaming society for her plight.

Sounds to me like we already agree on this point when you put it that way. I was replying to the fact that you were disagreeing to my comment of "blame". In that comment I did in fact use the word "blame", so that is were you were disagreeing with the word.

Responsible on the other hand I do agree with you own. He IS responsible for his actions, but he IS NOT the cause of his actions.

Dad would have killed me as well. But not before Mama slapped and swatted me into next week. And sometime during that, I would have had to call the officer and apologize to him. Then things would have turned really bad, and I'd probably have been killed a couple more times.

When I was growing up, it was called "raising up a child right," and it's very apparent that these two girls/women didn't have any ...

Just my :D.

My folks tried, and tried hard, to raise me right. Taught me right from wrong, and instilled a respect for law and order, to do good, rather than evil. And when I crossed that line, I expected to be punished, first from authority (whether school or LE), and again when I got home.

Hope I've done half as well with my kid. So far, so good. He hasn't shamed me yet ... and he's 27, so the "raising" part of my parenting is over, for better or worse.

This thread has blown up since I was last online. I have no desire to read the many pages since.

With that, I have no idea if this has been said yet...

Just heard on the news that this officer was stationed at this location to stop jaywalking. There have been many accidents on the street caused by jaywalkers.

That is the reason the girls were stopped.

If that's the case, then I would bet money on it that it is also the reason there just so happened to be someone right around the corner with a video camera. It was just another setup by someone to try to get a free paycheck, so the women involved as well as the one operating the camera should all be beaten to death to set an example for those that try to do the same in the future.

Ok, maybe that was a little harsh, but at some point some of these judges are going to have to simply state that they realize what is going on in these situations, and make very harsh punishments for such.