Police Officer Punches "Lady".

Guest Swamprunner

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so when is the absent mom going to be on the news crying about how her baby girl (AKA - aggravated assault, grand theft auto, assaulting a PO, resisting arrest,....) was abused by the evil racist police? Just sayin.

Guest Dapper Dan Man
I'm kind of hesitant to step in here, as this thread seems to be taking that ominous turn that these threads usually make.

That said, the thing I keep thinking about here is not how we've failed this generation in their upbringing, but how we somehow failed their parents generation.

Mind you, I'm only 35, but if I had tried a stunt like those girls pulled, looking like a fool on YouTube would be the least of my concerns.

My dad would have killed me, and probably called the officer I assaulted to come help.

+1

I warned you smart ass.

Get 'em!

I'm always amazed at how people who aren't LE (stmccann for example) seem to think they know so much about training and how to handle these types of situations. You can't just let someone walk away because they are being a little hard to control. You do your job and if you do it right, you go home.

To quote SouthLAnd's Officer John Cooper "You use that crap they taught you in the academy you will die. You ride with me you back your badge." LE work ain't always pretty, but sometimes being ugly is what gets you home at night.

You do your job and if you do it right, you go home.

Yep. But sadly, there are some who believe we shouldn't be going home if it requires us to kill, injure, or hurt the feelings of someone else. :cool:

I don't see how anyone can say that the officer escalated this situation. The only thing he could have done to avoid this would be to look the other way and let the girls just break the law and walk off. He witnessed a crime being committed and had a duty to respond. The girls escalated the situation. They could have just stood there and taken their warning or $25 ticket and been on their way. But no, they had to be extremely disrespectful and antagonistic even to the point of becoming violent. I am 100% against unnecessary use of force by police, but this wasn't it. He did the best he could with the situation he was given. JMO.

Guest Sgt. Joe
I only ever heard it was Constable On Patrol, from old England.

And I always thought it was derived from Citizens On Patrol, and then the term Copper just a slang term of the same. I have never used the term in a derogatory manner nor thought that it was but I guess it could have been at one time. I know several Officers and Deputies who if asked will say that they are Cops.

When I was a teenager Police Officers were referred to as the "The Fuzz" and I have no idea of where or why that term came about or if it was in fact used to be derogatory.

And of course there have always been those who called them Pigs....again I have no idea about how that originated but do know it was always derogatory toward them and personally have never used it or allowed anyone around me to.

For me it has always been Officer or Sir and Sergeants, LT's and Captains and even Detectives dont mind being called by their rank if you know it. Of course they are all now LEO's on the internet but I dont see calling an Officer Leo in person unless it is on his name tag....LOL

And it only figures that the girl already had a sheet.

So her history is that she assaulted some boys who were then probably intimidated to not testify against her, so that when she steals the van she gets a diversion because it is a first offense? That is sadly so typical these days.

Since it has been less than a year since she was given "another chance" maybe they will nail her with the vehicle theft and the assault and maybe just maybe she will do some time. But since she is only 17 even if so it probably wont be much. Again so sadly typical. More likely it will be Probation this time, which chances are she will violate, yet again far too typical.

And it sure dont seem that she is getting much from her "behavioral modification" home. Maybe I am just old and ornery but behavioral modification to me, just means an old fashioned Butt Whoopin, a good Bust in the Chops and for the younger ones simply a good spanking. If this girl had been given that type of behavior modification when she was younger chances are she would not be in the trouble she is in now.

And all over what would have most likely been a warning and at worst a small fine for jay walking. :cool: At any rate she has now made her own bed and I hope she has nightmares in it. I also hope her face still hurts.

Rosenthal was charged in November with second-degree robbery. According to prosecutors, she punched a 15-year-old boy in the face while she and a group of youths were on their way to a rave in South Seattle last Aug. 28. The boy told police that his cellphone and $20 were stolen in the incident. A 14-year-old boy told police that he was punched in the head and his hat was stolen.

Authorities say the case was dismissed when the boys refused to testify.

In April 2008, Rosenthal was charged with third-degree theft after she allegedly stole a minivan in Tukwila, prosecutors said. Kent police said she used a screwdriver to break the ignition and start the vehicle.

The charge was later amended to theft of a motor vehicle. Rosenthal was given a deferred disposition — charges would be dropped if she stayed out of trouble — because it was a first-time offense, said Ian Goodhew, deputy chief of staff for Prosecuting Attorney Dan Satterberg.

Street Justice. :cool:

It's a wonder we got to see the whole video. Most of these incidents are only broadcasted as the punch was thrown showing the officers abusing their authority.

I firmly believe if you act like a rabbit dog, you should be treated as one.

Some people have no respect for law enforcement. In my mind if you have no respect for the police you have no respect for anything. I fully support whatever means necessary to stop such behavior.

These two woman are no different to me then an out of control mob running a muck in the streets breaking windows, burning cars, luding stores, throwing stones, bottles, and whetever else they can get their hands on. They are wild rabbit animals and should be shot dead.

I sure as hell wouldn't be using bean bags, tear gas, and other less than lethal weapons against this lack of human decency. Mow their asses down. PERIOD! The world would be a whole lot better off without them.

Should have permanently modified her dental work. Am I being too hard on the thugette?

I don't think you're being too hard on her with that. She's got a history of voilence, and obviously has no respect for the law or for other people. She wont change, and as long as judges keep giving her a slap on the wrist she will only get worse. It doesn't matter if she's able to remain free on the street, or ends up in prison at some point, it's up to us as taxpayers to fund her way through life so that she can continue to break more and more laws. I personally think she should be executed.............yup..........sounds even worse considering it all got started because she was simply jaywalking.

I don't think you're being too hard on her with that. She's got a history of voilence, and obviously has no respect for the law or for other people. She wont change, and as long as judges keep giving her a slap on the wrist she will only get worse. It doesn't matter if she's able to remain free on the street, or ends up in prison at some point, it's up to us as taxpayers to fund her way through life so that she can continue to break more and more laws. I personally think she should be executed.............yup..........sounds even worse considering it all got started because she was simply jaywalking.

I think the first guy was simply jaywalking. I think she was testing the cop. The big problem... the system did little to change her direction. She'll be back. The sorry ass judges should be forced to do police ride-alongs on a monthly basis until they get it.

I think the first guy was simply jaywalking. I think she was testing the cop. The big problem... the system did little to change her direction. She'll be back. The sorry ass judges should be forced to do police ride-alongs on a monthly basis until they get it.

City judges are nothing but revenue collectors, and nothing more.

I've always wondered how the nickname "the fuzz" originated for police.

Been searching the internet and this is what I've found:

Although "the fuzz" is not a phrase encountered in common parlance, it appears to have originated in the U.S. in the 1920s. It was a pretty popular slang term among "underground types" in the '30s. As is the case with many word origin issues, there are several theories but no definitive answer for your question. Here are some of the more widespread theories on the origins of "the fuzz":

"Fuzz" is derived from "fuss" because police officers are fussy or hard to please.

It's a reference to the beards that police officers sported at the time.

It's a slurred pronunciation of the exclamation "Feds."

It's based on the criminal slang term "fuzzy," which meant "unmanly, incompetent and soft."

It's from the Wolof word "fas" for a horse, which was applied to mounted police officers and then ultimately to all officers.

So there you have it -- the fuzzy origins of "the fuzz."