i hate making important decisions

fastbs

Guest friesepferd

I highly suggest the XD and even more, the XD(m). I find everything about them better than the Glock. The three main being 1) the grip angle 2) the trigger safety (much more comfy than the ones on glocks) and 3) having a grip safety.

I got the XD(m) 4.5" 9mm and i LOVE it. Its too big for me to carry (im tiny), but makes for a great house/range gun for me.

Although a tad bigger, I would go the for (m) over not. This grippy grips are very nice, and you cant go wrong with the match barrel, interchangable backstraps, etc etc etc.

If you are using it for carry though, the normal XD will probably have better size options for you.

Very reliable, accurate, and fun to shoot gun.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that the XD is a shooter and a fine weapon. My only reservation with the XD is the 1/2 mile trigger reset. I was use to shooting a glock for the most part and it felt like I had to come completely off the trigger for it to reset. Your choice your money, just my 0.02.

Guest Daelith

I'm also in this same boat trying to decided on what to get to use for more classes. I'm leaning toward an XDm myself. Rented the XD .40 at Range USA and loved it. The grip was far more comfortable in my hand than either my Ruger or husband's. Plus it was lighter weight. Since I'm rather petite, this was a big plus for me. I'll probably go with a smaller caliber though since it's only going to be for practice and training.

Guest SUNTZU

I have a G21SF you are welcome to shoot if you haven't shot one before. I like the Glock pistols because I can buy all the parts I need or want to keep it running on my own. Very simple pistol to take down. If your XD has a broken part you generally have to send it back. I think you can get some parts but not all.

I have a G21SF you are welcome to shoot if you haven't shot one before. I like the Glock pistols because I can buy all the parts I need or want to keep it running on my own. Very simple pistol to take down. If your XD has a broken part you generally have to send it back. I think you can get some parts but not all.

:eek:Well the winner is Glock 21sf. i still haven't shot a sf but i've shot many glocks and haven't found one i don't like. I have short chubby hands but i can work a regular 21 with no problems. All the parts being available pretty much won this battle. After i narrowed that down i had to pick which rail and sights so...

After some coin tossing i ordered pic rail with night sights. Holsters aren't as widly available for the pic rail version but the holsters i want are available.

The new toy is on order and should be here today or tomorrow.

Edited by fastbs

For what it is worth I am a 1911 guy, but I have owned 3 Glocks a 17, 21sf and a 20SF. The only one I now own is the 20sf for the uses that you describe this pistol purchase will be for that is what I would get. The 10 Millimeter round is an awesome experience and the Glock 20SF handles it quite well. I absolutely love mine and seriously doubt I will ever sell it it is a very fun gun to shoot!

Guest 10mm4me

Dude, this is easy. You want a .45 to carry around that's not a 1911, duh!!!!! get a Sig P220 or P245. End of Debate.