SCC P7 flashlight

Guest 731david

Guest 731david

Looking to purchase a new everyday care tactical flashlight been looking at a SCC P7 style led. Anyone got any opinions or suggestions? Many thanks.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What's your budget? What size of light do you want, 1, 2, 3 batteries? What type of battery do you want? AA/ AAA, or 123s? Does it have to be LED, or would an incandescent work?

The P7 isn't a light in and of itself, it's just an LED emitter/ 'bulb'. I can only find one or two lights that advertise having one using a Google search, were you looking at a specific light already?

I have great luck with the dealextreme.com Ultrafire lights. Much brighter then comparable Surefire's and cost a whole lot less. DealExtreme: $27.03 MTE SSC P7 900-Lumen 2-Mode LED Flashlight (18650)

I've got several of these. shipping can be slower than domestic, but I've never had it take more than 10 days.

DealExtreme: $19.41 Ultrafire C1 R2-WC 5-Mode Memory 250-LM LED Flashlight with 2*Assault Crowns (2*CR123A/1*18650)

sku_14601_1.jpg

Guest Bronker

Smith,

Where do you find all of these sweet deals on obscure, quality gear?

Seems lately, every time you post, an Andrew Jackson dies in my wallet.

US-Series-1995-$20-Obverse.jpg

What would you consider a 'comparable' Surefire? :poop::D

The one I showed is a P4 LED assembly. The innards are the same Surefire, Fenix, etc. use ie LED, chips, ect. The assemble won't be the same but not bad. The DX flashlights take a little more user inspection to make sure o rings and stuff like that is in properly.

DX is a great source of parts to make your own flashlight or upgrade and customize your high end lights.

Bronker, I was researching flashlights and started coming across DIY stuff. Most all of it led to DX, which (as far as flashlights go) get components directly from the Asian factories that all the high end guys get their stuff from. Kinda of a remove the middle man thing. I have way too much quite computer time at work. :P

Edited by Smith
The one I showed is a P4 LED assembly. The innards are the same Surefire, Fenix, etc. use ie LED, chips, ect. The assemble won't be the same but not bad. The DX flashlights take a little more user inspection to make sure o rings and stuff like that is in properly.

DX is a great source of parts to make your own flashlight or upgrade and customize your high end lights.

Some of them do use the same emitter, but I didn't know if you were referencing any particular light.

DX has it's place, so long as the buyer understands what they're getting into. Kind of like the Harbor Freight of the flashlight world, as far as complete lights are concerned.

Some of them do use the same emitter, but I didn't know if you were referencing any particular light.

DX has it's place, so long as the buyer understands what they're getting into. Kind of like the Harbor Freight of the flashlight world, as far as complete lights are concerned.

Yeah, If you know what you are looking for it is great.