Bonnaroo

• Moderators
This is the first year I haven't worked Bonnaroo weekend. I don't miss the overdoses and the "hey man, watch this" patients we get every year.

I also get about 20 calls a day that go like this :

"Hey man, do you got my buddy up there. He has a green mohawk, fully sleeved arms and goes by the name of Mudpuppy"

My response is, "You'll have to be more specific. I got 10 guys just like that".

My wife's uncle usually works the medical tent inside Bonnaroo. He has plenty of stories that are very similar.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Keinengel

im also a Manchester resident (altough i stay in M'boro during the week) and i agree that the local LEOs and the THP are doing a great job manageing the traffic. Off topic: There was a pretty crazy looking police chase throught the middle of town today. I saw about 15+ cops following a pick-up doing around 80 MPH.

Thanks for the link. Gaslight Anthem was really good. The stream started out really good but has since degraded.

I noticed that last night. The sound remained constant but the picture kept freezing then catching up. Not really surprised, there's probably a zillion people watching that feed!

Great entertainment. :rolleyes:

Bonnaroo is about 18 miles from the house. I don't even have an urge to click on the link to watch it via internet. Man I love getting older. I've waited a long time to get old and cranky, it's my turn now. (it was worth the wait :rock: )

Anyone here ever been to this? How safe is it?

Can you set up as campsight and not get all your stuff pilfered while you are off watching performers? How plentiful is ice? Do you need to pack in all your food and drink or is it available there for a reasonable price?

I would love to go to one of these things before i am totally toooooo old to do it.

Anyone here ever been to this? How safe is it?

Can you set up as campsight and not get all your stuff pilfered while you are off watching performers? How plentiful is ice? Do you need to pack in all your food and drink or is it available there for a reasonable price?

I would love to go to one of these things before i am totally toooooo old to do it.

You pull in and they direct you to a parking area. You pitch your tent right by your car. It kinda sucks in that sense. All open area except walking paths are pretty much tents or cars. I kept my belongings in a Rubber Maid box that I locked. I also locked my tent zippers together. I really only left food and clothes out. You spend most of your time up at Centeroo (the place where you see the shows). Anything of value I locked in my car. You can take all manner of tents. Some people have huge cargo parachutes set up. I just had a small tent. A friend takes a camp shower that is its own free standing tent with a water bag inside. She also uses one of those little tailgating tents that is just a roof cover for shade along with her sleeping tent. Its best in that situation to ride in with several people so you are all together. They have food and drinks there. You will want water mostly. You can take beer and stuff and have it at your campsite but you cant take it into Centeroo. They have a perimeter with security to pat you down when entering. Water is free but be aware it has a sulfery smell to it. Cold as dang though. They have like large shipping containers set up all over with spigot / troughs set up. People go in with cups and wash off. I saw many a lady taking a shower in a bikini and some without. A good number of people of both sexes shirt less walking around. Not nearly as many bottomless. I would definately go again.