Memphis Appleseed!

Guest dart67eb

I looked at the website about equipment. I see a GI sling is needed. How specifically GI does it need to be. both of my rifles have slings, so i really don't want to buy more slings that i will use just once. Can i shoot with the sling i have? The Marling 22 has a quick release hunting style and the AR has a 2 point quick release tactical style sling.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest clownsdd
Or you could just chill out with your unnecessary overly-defensive reaction...

Nope, not a problem. It's an opinion open for discussion. What's wrong with that?

Guest dart67eb
I looked at the website about equipment. I see a GI sling is needed. How specifically GI does it need to be. both of my rifles have slings, so i really don't want to buy more slings that i will use just once. Can i shoot with the sling i have? The Marling 22 has a quick release hunting style and the AR has a 2 point quick release tactical style sling.

We teach the use of the loop sling. If your slings can loop, the better. Otherwise you will have to use the hasty sling. I have one I can lend you, but they're $12 and another $8 for 1 1/4" swivels at Midway. I don't use my non GI slings anymore.

Edited by dart67eb
Guest clownsdd
This thread was about appleseed not location. Slamming the OPs thread is just sad, considering he giving us the opportunity to learn about our country's history. just my opinion. It is a free country for now.

Unless you have an opinion that people here don't agree with.

All 'y'all that are slamming me for an opinion, do not understand. I believe that the get together is a great idea. I just find it interesting that Memphis get's slammed for being uninhabitable, but is used for a "reference point" in so many discussions.

Unless you have an opinion that people here don't agree with.

All 'y'all that are slamming me for an opinion, do not understand. I believe that the get together is a great idea. I just find it interesting that Memphis get's slammed for being uninhabitable, but is used for a "reference point" in so many discussions.

I heard Hell and New York City used as reference points, but I have no desire to reside in either!

missing the point. This is not a Memphis meet. This is an appleseed. He could not find an apporpriate range in Memphis. There are no 300 yard ranges in Memphis. There is nothing wrong with saying Memphis Appleseed. Memphis Area might have been more clear, but you seem to be over reacting a bit in this thread. It is just a title. So go find the guys who slammed Memphis and hi-jack their thread. It may be your opinion and I agree, we shouldn't bash Memphis, but this thread did not bash Memphis nor did the OP. The OP was doing us a favor by organizing this. What does this thread have to do with bashing Memphis. Please let us discuss our interests.

to dart67eb: Slings: thanks, I will research the slings a little more. I'll PM you if i need any more info.

Nope, not a problem. It's an opinion open for discussion. What's wrong with that?

Sure, why don't you share your thoughts on other unrelated topics as well? Recipes, maybe?

The ONLY reason people discussed the location is because you had a hissy-fit due to a perceived disrespect of Memphis in general. If you really believe your little rants are topical, then, well, carry on...

I just find it interesting that Memphis get's slammed for being uninhabitable, but is used for a "reference point" in so many discussions.

Hahaha, man, that is some awesome logic there.

Memphis is not being used as a reference point. This is a Memphis area shoot. It just happens that we have to leave the city limits to get to the venue. Memphis Motorsports Park is in the Millington city limits. Complain about that. Its not uncommon to have an event named after the nearest big city.

Bottom line...get over it.

I just find it interesting that Memphis get's slammed for being uninhabitable, but is used for a "reference point" in so many discussions.

I believe most of those who slam Memphis for being "uninhabitable" don't live within 100 miles of it.

I would like to make the September Appleseed.

Guest jackdm3

I would have no problem engaging in inclimate weather, as that's how the pros did it, no matter what! But with my condition, it's the heat that WILL run me down to the point of not enjoying the day.

I was at an outdoor range yesterday from noon until 2pm. By 2pm it is to hot, even under cover. I really want to go to an appleseed, but this weekend is looking bad.

Yah, I'm considering September, as this weekend was looking to be brutal, but now it looks like the highs this weekend will be in the upper 80's or so - far more tolerable...

Guest dart67eb
At the monthly meeting of Desoto Rifle & Pistol Club, I was again told there would be no cover this weekend. The forcast for Sat is a high of 89 with 40% scattered thundershowers.

I'm bringing tarps and PVC. We'll have cover. BTW, was the meeting at the VFW?

Guest dart67eb
I am thinking of attending Saturday only so I don’t have to get a room to save money.

I see it starts Saturday at 8:30. What time does the Saturday session end?

What is on the schedule for Saturday?

Saturday will run till about 5PM. That is the better of the two days to attend. We do the teaching on Saturday and the polishing on Sunday.

Guest dart67eb

Right now we have a 1:1 instructor/student ratio not counting walk-ons. Where else will you get this kind of instruction? Birmingham, AL and St Augustine, FL are packing them in this weekend. I hear it's hot there, too! Come on out for Saturday and see if you like it. You can always come back on Sunday.

Edited by dart67eb