I_Like_Pie's - One Inch Challenge

• Administrator

I therefore formally issue this challenge to all TGO members. It shall from here on be known as I_Like_Pie's ONE INCH CHALLENGE

So does this imply that you are capable of performing this feat yourself, or are you just calling out everyone else?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So does this imply that you are capable of performing this feat yourself, or are you just calling out everyone else?

Absolutely calling out everyone else!

I shoot a LOT for a really long time and haven't been able to pull off 5 shot centerfire freehand at 25 yards to the sum of 1" Not at all saying that it can't be done either because there are some Camp Perry Highmasters that may be able to pull it off on a good day.

Have been fishing many times also. Have never caught a 20 pound largemouth. I have seen a picture or two so I know that they exist. But I would be willing to pay money to see someone pull one in.

Would pay to see one meet the challenge. Heck I have been a "host" for the same challenge for a year now (at a even shorter 15 yards) and have had no winners.

Guest mosinon
I don't think I feel like driving to Chattanooga OR Nashville just to get my butt whooped and have my screen name posted with my 24" group.:drama:

24" group? Stop showing off! I'm lucky if I hit air.

Guest Ae-35

Rear sight "fuzzed-out" about five years ago, front's gotten so fuzzy lately I'm more or less "point shooting". Need young eyes.

We have some guys shooting a 1†group at 10 yards with a 2†J-Frame Airweight. This should be a piece of cake (or pie…whatever) for them.

Since you opened it to any handgun I suspect they will take your $200 in short order.

leaving.gif

I can put one round in a 1 inch group anywhere on the paper but my accuracy goes downhill from there! :hat:
I will say that I shoot as good a one shot group as anyone on the planet.
Understood. I'm pretty good at 1" one-shot groups myself.

Sounds like we need to get together to see who can shoot the tightest 1 shot group! :shake:

Guest hickok45

Punching paper is not my cup of tea, but I've done enough of it to know that most shooters could not do this on demand at even 7 yards regularly with their carry guns. I know I could not do it at 25 yards; it would be a waste of time for me to try to shoot a 1" group. I might luck out and get a couple of them within 1", or I might be able to shoot a one-shot 1" group! :-)

Extreme precision shooting hurts my brain anyway; it's the reason I don't do many really long range videos. I much prefer just banging away at more practical distances with handguns.

Since you opened it to any handgun I suspect they will take your $200 in short order.

Any handgun...any price. They can bring their Strahan 1911s if they wish. Remember that is gets much more difficult once you stretch out past 20 yards.

I have no doubts at all that someone here could readily do it at 10 yards standing - Not crazy enough bet on that.

Before someone takes me up on this challenge I suggest they try it out at their home range first. Try it out at 5, 10, 15, 20, and then finally 25.

This is a pretty safe challenge.

Considering most folks will have trouble holding an inch at 25 yards while holding a stick let alone a gun and while breaking a trigger.

Then when you consider most all over the counter guns wont print an inch at 25 yards even when using a ransom rest this is really a no brainer.

I have a few custom built guns that are capable of under an inch at 25yds, but to know this I have to use sand bags. To be honest I have no idea what I can do off hand at 25yds since shooting slow fire groups has almost zero practical application for a SD gun.

This is a pretty safe challenge.

Then when you consider most all over the counter guns wont print an inch at 25 yards even when using a ransom rest this is really a no brainer.

TRUE... Wilson's test target and garawntee in a rest is 1" @25 so there's gonna be a good bit of luck involved in a free hand contest. But that's the gamble of it, right?

Guest 6.8 AR
Punching paper is not my cup of tea, but I've done enough of it to know that most shooters could not do this on demand at even 7 yards regularly with their carry guns. I know I could not do it at 25 yards; it would be a waste of time for me to try to shoot a 1" group. I might luck out and get a couple of them within 1", or I might be able to shoot a one-shot 1" group! :-)

Extreme precision shooting hurts my brain anyway; it's the reason I don't do many really long range videos. I much prefer just banging away at more practical distances with handguns.

After watching you with that 1911 hitting steel at 230 yds, I'll bet you are one heck of a poker player! You are one humble son of a gun, literally!

I have a few custom built guns that are capable of under an inch at 25yds, but to know this I have to use sand bags. To be honest I have no idea what I can do off hand at 25yds since shooting slow fire groups has almost zero practical application for a SD gun.

Yep. My CZ P01 printed 2.4" at 25 meters at the factory (5 shots). It doesn't say that it was done from a rest. Even if it wasn't, it was done by someone that probably does it all day/every day.