I_Like_Pie's - One Inch Challenge

OK guys ... I've been taking some flack about my comments of late regarding accuracy claims that have been posted recently, so I've decided to PUT UP rather than SHUT UP. A friend of mine posted a similar challenge on my Rugerforum for one year with no takers. For all you guys that seem to think that 1 inch groups at 25 yards are chump change ... i challenge you to PROVE IT !!!

I therefore formally issue this challenge to all TGO members. It shall from here on be known as I_Like_Pie's ONE INCH CHALLENGE

####################################################

The rules

OPEN TO ALL BRANDS OF CENTERFIRE HANDGUNS OF ANY CALIBER ... no optics.

For every time that any shooter can shoot a 5 shot (5 shots per target), hand held (no rests) group that fits inside a 1 inch circle I'll give you $20. For every time that you FAIL to shoot 5 shots into a 1 inch circle, you give me $1. That's TWENTY TO ONE ODDS.

I reserve the right to limit my losses to $200 (not including the money I take in from failures to shoot the 1 inch groups). I put no restrictions on the amount of times you can shoot, what ammo you use, or the time you take to shoot. Put 5 shots into a 1 inch circle hand held and I pay ... no questions, no excuses. If it can't be contained within that 1 inch circle ... you pay ... simple as that. I'm not testing for accuracy, so the groups can be anywhere on that paper ... I don't care. You put 5 out of 5 shots into a one inch circle hand held at 25 yards and I pay.

Come on guys ... make some easy money.

Since it's my challenge, the challenge will need to take place on my neutral turf, so if there are any takers, let me know, and we'll arrange a time at my range in Chattanooga, TN to hold the first (and probably only) I_Like_Pie's ONE INCH CHALLENGE. If there is a trusted moderator who will host in Nashville I will arrange a trip up there (my sister lives in Nashville) to witness the event.

The worst that can happen is that we'll do some shooting, and afterwards get something to eat and have a few drinks and BS about guns.

Any takers ?????? Now's the time for ALL you internet marksmen to stand proud, and show off your prowess !

C'mon ... make some easy money from a disbeliever !!!! I double-dog-dare you !!!

Edited by I_Like_Pie
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D

I agree - It will be fun.

And no wishy washy stuff either. I will not accept a challenge from someone in a 30 pound shooting jacket with a ransom rest bolted to it and their arm.

Or a wiseguy who bolts 25 yards of metal pipe to the front of the gun and the bullseye of the target.

Traditional shooting, standing shots, real gun with price as no object, no gimmicks.

Edit...here is the link to the original challenge CLICK HERE

OK guys ... I've been taking some flack about my comments of late regarding accuracy claims that have been posted recently, so I've decided to PUT UP rather than SHUT UP. A friend of mine posted a similar challenge on my Rugerforum for one year with no takers. For all you guys that seem to think that 1 inch groups at 25 yards are chump change ... i challenge you to PROVE IT !!!

I therefore formally issue this challenge to all TGO members. It shall from here on be known as I_Like_Pie's ONE INCH CHALLENGE

The rules

OPEN TO ALL BRANDS OF CENTERFIRE HANDGUNS OF ANY CALIBER ... no optics.

For every time that any shooter can shoot a 5 shot (5 shots per target), hand held (no rests) group that fits inside a 1 inch circle I'll give you $20. For every time that you FAIL to shoot 5 shots into a 1 inch circle, you give me $1. That's TWENTY TO ONE ODDS.

I reserve the right to limit my losses to $200 (not including the money I take in from failures to shoot the 1 inch groups). I put no restrictions on the amount of times you can shoot, what ammo you use, or the time you take to shoot. Put 5 shots into a 1 inch circle hand held and I pay ... no questions, no excuses. If it can't be contained within that 1 inch circle ... you pay ... simple as that. I'm not testing for accuracy, so the groups can be anywhere on that paper ... I don't care. You put 5 out of 5 shots into a one inch circle hand held at 25 yards and I pay.

Come on guys ... make some easy money.

Since it's my challenge, the challenge will need to take place on my neutral turf, so if there are any takers, let me know, and we'll arrange a time at my range in Chattanooga, TN to hold the first (and probably only) I_Like_Pie's ONE INCH CHALLENGE. If there is a trusted moderator who will host in Nashville I will arrange a trip up there (my sister lives in Nashville) to witness the event.

The worst that can happen is that we'll do some shooting, and afterwards get something to eat and have a few drinks and BS about guns.

Any takers ?????? Now's the time for ALL you internet marksmen to stand proud, and show off your prowess !

C'mon ... make some easy money from a disbeliever !!!! I double-dog-dare you !!!

I'd like to come just for the fellowship and an excuse to shoot.

You say 25yds in a couple places, and 15yds in another.........which is it?

25 yards....Simply because I have a couple of friends here in Chattanooga who might get lucky and actually be able get one in at 15. I have edited and made it consistent above

However If you show up and can't do it at 25 - I will, just for good humor, reduce it to 15 just as a humbling experience.

A one inch group mins the caliber of the round? If not then a .22 has much better odd's than a .50AE :D

If you can shoot a .50AE measuring the entire 5 shot string outside to outside minus the diameter of the bullet for a "true" one inch group....I will honor the above contest.

This should be interesting. At times I've seen my father shoot such groups with a revolver, but I wouldn't even bet $1 on him doing it as a challenge. I've seen him shoot a group at or close to 1", then reload and only get maybe 1 shot close to center for the rest of the day.

I know for a fact there's no way I could pull it off. :D

A one inch group mins the caliber of the round? If not then a .22 has much better odd's than a .50AE :D

using a .22 is not an option due to the centerfire notation. If Pie wants to open it up to include .22's that would be good. I'm still not going to try even though my .22 single action Ruger is up to the challenge...I'm just not. ;)

Guest pdogkilr

Nice challenge Pie - sounds like great fun.

Please post winning (and Losing) targets with their screen names.

I will be following this with great interest - until it becomes obvious that no one will take you up on it.

Pie you are the man. I have read this kind of crap forever, but whenever I have shot with someone making these claims they never seem to be able to do it.

Reminds me of people who have a 1500 dollar 1911 and swear it has never malfunctioned. Then when I see them shoot it fails to do something. ( not saying them guns are not out there, just I have never seen one. )

I will say that I shoot as good a one shot group as anyone on the planet.

Pie you are the man. I have read this kind of crap forever, but whenever I have shot with someone making these claims they never seem to be able to do it.

People are very good intentioned, but overly optimistic. There are some very, VERY good shooters out there. I have no doubt in my mind that there are quite a few that can pull a 2"-3" group freehand...have done it with a target rimfire (one of the mods here has seen it) and a lot of luck, but the smaller you get - the more difficult it is on an almost logarithmic scale. The guns are capable of doing it. The human nervous system is not.

However I am not going to be impossibly surprised if someone shows up with the right combo of gun and handload (and Valium) and makes it happen. Actually have the $200 sitting in my safe.

I bet I can shoot 5 of your rounds, in your gun, into one of your targets at 25 yards. :)

If not I'll gladly pay you one dollar.

I've never done that before at 25 yards, but heck, maybe I'll get lucky...

Lemme know when you have a serious offer and I'll bring my arsenal and a fistful of dollars.