Permit holders working against each other?

Guest mosinon

Guest mosinon

I'm not a permit holder but I have no problem with it. Just too lazy to take the class and so forth (plus I can't shoot worth diddly)

That noted I see time and time again posts about legal signs and posts about taking your business elsewhere. There is a lot of passion in those threads so I love reading them but it makes me wonder...

If the goal is more carry friendly places and some avow walking past the signs and keeping it concealed aren't permit holders working at cross purposes? The guy who follows the sign and boycotts the place is undone by the guy who carries despite the sign.

For the record, if it were me, I'd just carry everywhere because the chances are low that I'd get caught.

But to make the boycott thing work you have to have a unified voice. I'm less that positive that that is happening.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But to make the boycott thing work you have to have a unified voice. I'm less that positive that that is happening.

You can't even get a consensus from gun enthusiasts about NRA membership, so it's ludicrous to expect one about businesses and their postings.

- OS

Guest bkelm18

We're not a unified people. We just share a common denominator. Guns. Some are passionate about it, some are not. We can't even agree on mayonnaise.

I love mayo. On my Whopper I ask for heavy mayo please.

The boycott idea is moot, IMO. It makes the person doing the boycotting feel empowered and rightly so. You have the choice where to spent your money.

There just aren't enough of us to make a dent. Even if every permit holder in Clarksville, for example, boycotted Logan's the wait on Friday night would be 44 minutes instead of 45.

(I don't know if Logan's in Clarksville is posted, I'm just using it as an example of a place most people have heard of.)

Guest cheez
You can't even get a consensus from gun enthusiasts about NRA membership, so it's ludicrous to expect one about businesses and their postings.

- OS

+1

It's the nature of being independent thinkers. It goes to all levels of conservative thought. Unlike Dems/Liberals that will support something they hate to advance a certain agenda, conservatives generally do not. We see things as personal and right and wrong as opposed to some bigger collective goal. I see it as a strength on the human level and a difficulty for politics.

When I refuse to give my business to a place that has voluntarily posted a sign telling me that I (as an HCP holder and carrier of a firearm for self defense) am not welcome, it is a personal decision. I am not trying to organize a 'boycott' or tell others what they should do. I can only make my own decisions - as an individual. Therefore, my purpose - to not give my business to such an establishment - is served regardless of what any other individual chooses to do.

Oh, and I like mayonnaise on some sandwiches and in chicken salad but would just as soon keep it away from my 9mms. Hot sauce would probably work better on a '9', anyway. Horseradish for the .357, maybe just a little vinegar and oil for the .38 and .380. You guys feel free to dress your .45s any way you want.

Edited by JAB