New TV Show

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jackdm3

This may turn hokey. While I live in Memphis and the show is "Memphis Beat", I may actually get to see them do some scenes ... in New Orleans where I'm going Sunday till Thursday. Man, is that ever a long roundabout way of seeing things.

I thought that the show wouldn't last more than 1 season, and then I read Jason Lee say, "While the series is set in Memphis, it isn't filmed there. There are a lot of Memphis transplants here in Heber Springs (where he did the interview) that can understand why. The blues and Elvis make it appealing, reality doesn't."

Edited by jackdm3

Memphis Beat....filmed in NO. :drool:

I only know one of the girls. I worked a couple of shifts with Aubrey Olsen in 2006 during "Operation Blue Crush" in the Binghampton 'hood before I went to the suburbs. She's a dern good officer. Very motivated, very proactive.

She's very lucky I don't live in Memphis. :hiding:

police-women-memphis-aubrey-olson-100.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
We don't have "wards" here either.

Yessir we do. I live in 326's ward. MPD has broken the entire city down into wards. In Bartlett, we call them districts, but MPD chose "wards". The first letter of the ward denotes which precinct it falls under. 1XX is North, 2XX is South, 3xx is East, etc. Their radio number is whatever ward they are working, followed by their shift. For example, the East precinct car that rides the area I live in on midnights would be "326 Alpha" on the radio.

I haven't watched the show yet. I DVR'd it. Hopefully I will get a chance to tonight. From what I saw in the previews, it does look quite a bit off.

I haven't watched the show yet. I DVR'd it. Hopefully I will get a chance to tonight. From what I saw in the previews, it does look quite a bit off.

You might want to lock your piece away before watching, unless you wanna go all Elvis on your TV.

The wards reference threw me too. I think they wrote the show about NO and only threw in Memphis to rip-off Elvis & the blues. How many old creole Haitians are in Memphis anyway? :confused:

If the show's website has a comment section, low long do you think they'll allow comments like ours?

This may provide the opportunity.....

TVMuse: 'Memphis Beat' » The Commercial Appeal

Solid debuts for TNT's 'Memphis Beat,' 'Hawthorne' -- The Live Feed | THR

Oh, and if you choose to Twitter or Facebook, of course those are options too. :confused:

Edited by Garufa
Yessir we do. I live in 326's ward. MPD has broken the entire city down into wards. In Bartlett, we call them districts, but MPD chose "wards". The first letter of the ward denotes which precinct it falls under. 1XX is North, 2XX is South, 3xx is East, etc. Their radio number is whatever ward they are working, followed by their shift. For example, the East precinct car that rides the area I live in on midnights would be "326 Alpha" on the radio.

That makes sense. But for the record, all of the precincts have been renamed. They don't use North, East, etc now. They are named for the road they are on.

But for the record, all of the precincts have been renamed. They don't use North, East, etc now. They are named for the road they are on.

Yep. There was a nice stink over the thousands of dollars spent (during a no-raise year) on the stupid signs...

They'll always be North though Northeast to me. :D

OK, I just sat down with my sammich and cheesy puffs and tried to watch the show. I made it all the up to the part where the girl gets hit by the car and the main character's partner (in the background) says "I need an ambo at my 20!". I just couldn't handle it. It was just way too far off...