Ruger 2245 Project

I got the 22/45 used in trade with some rough blemishes due to "enthusiastic" reassembly by a previous owner.

Here is what I did:

1. Fix a few of the blemishes - still noticeable but don't impact function

2. completely disassemble and polish all friction points.

3. Dispose of magazine disconnect.

4. Install Volquartsen sear, sear spring, trigger plunger and plunger spring.

5. Install Volquartsen trigger that has pre and post travel adjustments.

6. Install MKII hammer.

7. Install Weigand Scope mount.

8. Attach Matchdot by Ultradot. 2-11 MOA with variable click intensity.

Result: 3.5lb crisp no pre or over travel trigger break. I could go lower in trigger weight but for my purposes lower doesn't work for me.

Fortunately I have found a source for NIB Marvel Precision adjustable triggers and I will be handfitting one of those upon receipt. They allow LOP adustment as well as "cant." They also need to be handfitted to eliminate pre and over travel. Trades may be considered? Why? I do this for fun and the satisfaction of turning out a truly nice pistol. But at the range I shoot Glock 9mm, Beretta 92 9mm, S&W 422 .22LR and Keltec .32s. I might be interested in G19, S&W 442, S&W 2206 6", S&W 422 6" or CZ 75SA.

RugerMKIII2245Project.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I didn't use the slingshot mod, but should look into it. I have had 4 or 5 MKIIs that I have fooled with and this is my first MKIII. I glossed over the slingshot mod as it didn't seem to interest me with regards to the MK series. I just shoot them at the range for fun, so a button push here or there is no big deal. However, on a couple of my 10/22s I have installed auto bolt releases.

At 41oz this MKIII 22/45 isn't too heavy, and not much more than a 5" steel 1911. I figure it to be a good long range training pistol. One of my friends runs a MKII like this now that he has retired from active bullseye shooting, having sold his Euro air and rimfire pistols, as well as his match 1911.

I am fiddling with this to reaffirm some things I learned on previous MKII projects and wanted to fiddle with a 22/45 to see what weight and balance were like.

Craig

I put a PacLite upper on my 22/45. It made for a really light weight and handy pistol. It now weighs 20 ounces empty. I put a Burris Fastfire on it and it is a near perfect pistol for most things you would use a 22 pistol for.

Dolomite

a reflex sight is next for mine.

mkiiiwpaclitecompensator.jpg

Pardon the ignorance, but I am new to the phrase "slingshot mod". What is it and why do I want/need it? Thanks

With most semi auto handguns, when the slide locks back on empty mag, you eject mag, insert mag, grab slide(either overhand or from rear), and "slingshot" it back into battery. With the 22/45, you have to push down on the slide lock button to release the slide. For people wanting to train with the 22/45 just like their 1911, they may want to slingshot rather than pushing the slide release.

That is the only reason for the mod. It is easy to do, but mine is too stiff still to work that way.

Hope this helps.

http://www.guntalk-online.com/2245detailstripping.htm#ssmod

Edited by Westwindmike
Link added