Anyone have experience with their suppressors? Anyone know of a shop in TN that carries them? I was reading through ARFCOM today and saw where he still has some of his original sealed design for sale for 125 each. Just curious.

EDIT! Just saw where they have 5.56 cans for 175 as well.

Edited by Capbyrd
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone have experience with their suppressors? Anyone know of a shop in TN that carries them? I was reading through ARFCOM today and saw where he still has some of his original sealed design for sale for 125 each. Just curious.

EDIT! Just saw where they have 5.56 cans for 175 as well.

Link please

I have been in the market and this might be the nudge I need.

Dolomite

Griffin Armament | 5.56 | Spartan Silencer

Griffin Armament | .30 Cal | Scout Silencer

And here is the thread where the guy was saying he still had some of the 125 dollar .22 silencers.

Best value in a .22 can? - AR15.COM

A big concern for me is that these are sealed. If I can't take it apart, how long can I expect it to last? How can I clean it to make it last longer?

Crotalus, kinda funny you said that since Griffin's parent company is called Hearing Protection LLC.

Guest drv2fst

I wonder about the need to be able to take a suppressor apart. I have several. Some can be completely disassembled and some only partially. Many think you need to clean them like you clean your gun. Others (even some manufacturers) say clean them as often as you clean the muffler on your car. They do the same job as a car muffler but get less use. Why clean them more? I know I clean mine pretty regularly, even if it's just rinsing out and spraying in some oil.

Also, by the best suppressor you can afford, not the cheapest. Any suppressor is going to have a $200 tax stamp required and a long wait for paperwork. So why waste that on a cheap suppressor. I am not saying these "Griffin's" are not good. Just make sure you buy a good one whether it's cheap or not.

Edited by drv2fst

We have Griffin (actually Hearing Protection LLC) cans in stock.

The owners are two bothers, both 11Bs with a couple tours in Iraq.

Good guys.

(I believe) they are blowing their older design cans out at crackhead prices because they changed the baffle stack design and a few other features.

If you want put hands on their products, we have their new QD .22 cans, and examples of both original 5.56 and 7.62 cans

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest griffin armament
This the same Griffin Armament that offered this fiasco?

Since we sold those out, we've actually received a lot of requests to purchase those specifically.

We actually built those 32.5DB suppressors at a cost of $425 each for pre-orders we had already received payment for at a buy in of $400. So we paid people $25 per unit to take them, and we were happy because our unit Sniper Section had silencers for deployment and people had helped us put together the amount of money needed to CNC manufacture a product that met our needs.

The customer feedback was good, but the people who didn't buy them, but who like to critique images on the internet were very dissatisfied with a lot of things.

We figured that even feedback from non-customers was useful because non customers are also people that we would like to be our customers. So our second ever pre-order features sound suppressors that will also be strong and high performance, but have also been designed to be attractive, and specifically won't carry anything but the required markings on them.

They also will be an outstanding value, and we hope we won't over-run cost and pay people to take them, but at the price structure we're at, I wouldn't bet my life on it. Like last time however, I'm sure the customers will be happy with their products.

Griffin Armament 2011 Centerfire suppressor pre-order promo - PDFCast.org

The informational PDF is linked. We're excited to build silencers because we're Griffin Armament, and We love low signature weapons.

Edited by griffin armament
Guest griffin armament

I watched the old youtube video and remembered how well those suppressors performed, which probably had a lot to do with the customers being happy with them. My brother once had the second chamber (middle) of his glowing red in full Baghdad sun after firing 475 rounds in ~15 minutes.

People said the welds were crap, but the welds are very strong. Inconel 82 filler rod has ~ the strength of solution annealed 718 inconel (in other words it is superior to stainless rod by 2-3 times) .

This video lets people hear the bushwacker on different barrel lengths compared to the more budget minded Spartan II.

This video was the first time I shot one, and I was happy, because it was the best 5.56 suppressor I had ever shot. <the M4QD is the only mainstream unit I'd fired at this point, and I knew from memory that it was quite a bit louder.

Edited by griffin armament