Running for office

Guest 6.8 AR
Yes, interesting situation, which smacks of illegal activity, and /or, as even the Republicans claim, a possible voting machine issue...

IMHO, this is a case where someone was used, by the opponents of a candidate, to prevent the candidate from being the representative for the Democrats. South Carolina is noted for its illicit politics...

Perhaps his win did prevent another typical politician from running against another typical politician...

Somehow I doubt the republicans had anything to do with this. If they had,

how did Greene's opponent get so many votes. It looks like a plant, alright,

but Demint didn't have to worry about his democratic challenger, whichever

way the democratic primary turned out. The media would have you thinking

it is a republican conspiracy, just "Where's the Beef?"

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HvyMtl

True, DeMint had no worries. And true, the general media points to the Republicans.

Supposedly, this type of event has occurred before in S.C. politics, where straw candidates were put forth to limit other candidates. This seems to be the most successful event.

This fellow had no $, and is unemployed. Yet, he comes up with the money ($10,000+) to run. (And, will not state where the $ came from.) He does not put his name out there, does not campaign at all, and wins anyway...

Yeah, common sense says something is not quite appropriate in the election...

I did not point to the Republicans, except to say, they too have hinted something was amiss with this election, even pointing to Voting Machine Error...

Even when your opposing party says, "Yeah, that smells funny." it says investigate it...

But, this guy is not what Capbyrd wants to be. Capbyrd wants to be a game changer. A tall order indeed.

But, this guy is not what Capbyrd wants to be. Capbyrd wants to be a game changer. A tall order indeed.

I think you misunderstand me. I am more out to be an educator. Honestly, I would love to teach a class on American government. My idea here is to be a grassroots candidate that gets out to the people in his district and informs them. Creating an awareness that wasn't there before. ONLY my district, which is pretty small really. If that changes people's perception of government, spreads and "changes the game," so be it but that is not my goal.

I currently work in music distribution. I am well aware of the importance of proper marketing. I am also an Eagle Scout. My Eagle project was to make sure that every residence in the city of Millington had a smoke detector. I spent weekend after weekend organizing this and worked with the Millington Fire Department. Several troops helped out and the boys from those troops and myself knocked on doors and explained fire safety. If the home was not equipped with a smoke alarm, the MFD would come and install one of the alarms that I secured through donations.

I am well connected in my community through past service projects and while not a celebrity or anything, I know lots of people. For a local position like this on the state level, I do believe that I could put in a decent showing. You might not know me in Nashvegas (where is that again?) but plenty of people in my neighborhood do know me.

WITH EYE ON EAGLE, SCOUT WARMS UP TO PROMOTING SMOKE ALARMS

By Tom Bailey Jr. The Commercial Appeal

March 18, 1999

The Millington Fire Department, wanting every household to be prepared, enlisted the help of a group with just the right motto.

Boy Scout Chris Byrd of Frayser has organized fellow scouts on a door-to-door canvass of all Millington residences in an effort to learn who needs a working smoke detector. He anticipated completing the project by now.

The Fire Department will supply and install detectors for free, if they know who needs one.

For Byrd, 15, a sophomore at

Word Count: 575, Document ID: 9903180025

Guest HvyMtl

LOL... Nashvegas is a term for Nashville.

So, basically, it boils down to the size of your district, and who you are running against. Millington is nice.