9mm ammo for the "recoil sensitive"

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mikedwood
i dont think there is a low recoil round for that pocket mule

Yeah it's kind of an ouch gun. I had one and it wore out the web between my index finger and thumb at the range. It's not much of a range gun.

There maybe a trigger job you can do to them that would make it ok.

Best fix I found was trading mine for a G26.

I'm not running the gun down it has it's purpose, I'm pretty sure that that purpose isn't the help the recoil sensitive though.

Guest Lester Weevils

Costs more money and is a little bigger, but I'm amazed how gentle a Kahr P-9 shoots, to be such a light-weight gun. Subjectively it feels like no more recoil than a Beretta 92 (which is a pleasure to shoot all day).

Mine is in bold

A friend will be getting to know their new Keltec Pf-9; so what would be a good low pressure/low recoil round for break in? Breaking in the shooter, not so much the new gun.

Winchester White Box 9mm, it's about $23 for a 100 box at Walmarts.

Yeah it's kind of an ouch gun. I had one and it wore out the web between my index finger and thumb at the range. It's not much of a range gun.

There maybe a trigger job you can do to them that would make it ok.

Best fix I found was trading mine for a G26.

^^ ditto ^^

But I would buy a Glock 23 and if I wanted to shoot 9mm get a Lone Wolf 40-9 conversion barrel and some G19 magazines. With the .40 caliber Glocks you can shoot .40SW of course, also .357 Sig with just a barrel change and 9mm with a barrel & magazine change.

Glock 40's kinda give you the best of all three calibers. :D

I'm not running the gun down it has it's purpose, I'm pretty sure that that purpose isn't the help the recoil sensitive though.

Never be afraid to buy a used Glock, there are only 34 parts and Brownell's carry's them.

Kimbers and Colts are what you show your friends, Glocks are what you show your enemies.

T&R

Ouch! Sounds like one of the penalties of being a sub-compact and lightweight.

Yeah, I don't know of ANY 9mm load that would feel significantly "gentler", short of maybe getting somebody to hand load some weenies.

Point is, 9mm needs a minimum level of power, indeed most use +p for carry load, otherwise might as well drop down to .380 (which, incidentally, can feel even more violent from some of the itty bitty guns that are chambered for it.

- OS

Yeah, I don't know of ANY 9mm load that would feel significantly "gentler", short of maybe getting somebody to hand load some weenies.

- OS

Fill a magazine halfway with WWB 115 and halfway with just about any 147 commercial FMJ. I bet there's a difference.

Costs more money and is a little bigger, but I'm amazed how gentle a Kahr P-9 shoots, to be such a light-weight gun. Subjectively it feels like no more recoil than a Beretta 92 (which is a pleasure to shoot all day).

Agreed. Even my PM40 is somewhat civilized.

I say let the shooter practice on a bigger gun and then work up (or down) to the PF-9. If possible, I'd start with a Glock 17 or a full-size M&P.

This is a good recommendation. One has to learn to shoot. An LCP is a most uncivilzed shooter, whereas a G19 or a Sig 226 is a much better shooting weapon.

Just having an HCP doesn't mean much without practice and training.I had not been much of a shooter for many years, but in early 2007 I had an incident that encouraged me to take up shooting again. One of my great joys has been in learning to shoot again and in becoming a pretty damn good shot.

I've had two PF9s, getting a second one thinking I may have made a mistake in getting rid of the first one. I never had a problem with the PF9 in function. I had to put a trigger shoe on both mine and do a little carving to get the plastic trigger and shoe to work well. However, when I carry a save your b... pocket pistol I simply must be able to draw point and shoot mulitiple rounds quickly with some instintice point shooting accuracy. I just couldn't do it reliable with the PF9. I can with the Glock 26 but it is fat. I carry and shoot a Keltec P32 off-hand, a G19 strong hand or off-hand, whatever the case.