Top Shot-TV

It's slowly starting to piss me off. I am not a long distance pistol shooter and I am not a sniper, but I'm fairly certain I could have held my own for at least these first episodes against these "experts".

Brad is supposed to be a USPSA shooter right? And the guy is whining about the Beretta?! To me a firearms "expert" should be able to manipulate any firearm handed to them out there with a certain degree of proficiency. I've seen better form and more confident shooters in a permit class!

Absolutely, Brad is full of more hot air than the Goodyear blimp.

I was hoping he'd get tossed during the elimination.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm not sure how I feel about this. What Kelly said was incredibly insensitive but if he was genuine when he tried to apologize, then I don't feel sorry for Bill. Brad is still hanging around but they made me sick of listening to Bill complain about Kelly this episode. Kelly has been one of the strongest shooters so far.

Well I'm not sure how I feel about this. What Kelly said was incredibly insensitive but if he was genuine when he tried to apologize, then I don't feel sorry for Bill. Brad is still hanging around but they made me sick of listening to Bill complain about Kelly this episode. Kelly has been one of the strongest shooters so far.

Making a joke about anyone offing themselves is in poor taste, being a firearms enthusiast and making a joke about someone shooting themselves is definately in poor taste...that being said, I found myself giving a light chuckle just like the rest of the group when it played what he had said to Bill, you know one of those ha, oh, that was cold chuckles. Either way, Bill must have had an exceptional relationship with his ex-wife and her fiance to get that roughed up about it especially after the apology imo. It was a little over dramatic for me. And without getting to caught up in that stuff, I want JJ to win but Blake and Adam have an awesome shot at it as well. JJ and Blake are awesome with 'certain' weapons and have the ability to pick up on things quickly and Adam just appears to be 'good' with just about anything basing off his bio video on their website.

Guest Glock23ForMe

Dang... I forgot to DVR this.

It's all good, all the old episodes are preceding the new one on Sunday night. Got'em DVR'd already!

Guest KimberChick

JJ definitely had the best form, Kelly would have been better if he'd have drawn to his face. Actually thought Andre would have done better than he did, he seemed to have decent form in practice. Guess he just couldn't get his elevation down.

BTW, that target was flippin GIANT.

"The wind was kinda swirling around...the arrows were unpredictable...." Cry me a river ladies, at least it wasn't raining. lol!

Guest Glock23ForMe

Watching the first episode I've seen of "Top Shot" and I'm not that happy with it. It seems to me, they spent 40 minutes in "the house" watching Bill complain about Kelly about being "disrespectful" and then watch 15 minutes of shooting. Newsflash Bill, respect is earned, not given because you're older than him. Get over it.

I think the next episode will shed some light when JJ and Blake outshoot everybody including the career military Andre and 'rifle expert' Kelly with the AR. Of course this is based off the preview of the next episode and Kelly wasn't hitting anything but air. Hopefully it'll be a good one, but I keep getting let down with the amount of shooting done. I really don't understand the show that much, I mean each episode is 3 days: blue team practice/red team practice, competition, elimination. Not only could they show alot more shooting and make it interesting but what the crap do they do the other 4 days of the week.

Not only could they show alot more shooting and make it interesting but what the crap do they do the other 4 days of the week.

I doubt they film 3 days on, 4 days off - they probably shot all 10-12 weeks in succession over a month's time.

As for more shooting - definitely. They could at least show everyone's actual shots. During the longbow competition, each team had six members with 30 seconds each, so they could have shown every single shot they took and only used 1/7th of the air time...

I shot a Longbow for many years and competed for about 4. I watch the show and screamed for 20 min. Who is this exspurt they had teaching them? The first thing you teach is use 3 finger and your middle goes to the corner of your mouth. You always cant the bow in instinctive shooting. I think they said it was a 45lb bow at that weight I would put point on at 35 to 40 yard. And don’t get me started on that thing they called a longbow. Howard Hill is rolling over and screaming at Fred Bear.

TEMBO we need you now!!!!!

Robertson Styke Bow 75lb @ 28

Edited by SHbicycle
Guest Glock23ForMe
Kinda glad to see the red team pull one off.....

YOU RUINED IT.... AHHHHHHHHH :bowrofl::up:;)

I haven't seen the episode.. It is DVR'd and I was gonna watch it when I got home....

:drama:

Guest Boomhower

I haven't seen the episode.. It is DVR'd and I was gonna watch it when I got home....

Sorry.........Guess I shoulda said **SPOILER ALERT**........But I have a feeling you woulda still snuck a peak :)

Still a pretty good episode though......Glad to see some of the drama was edited out.

Guest Boogieman

I dont have cable so I watch them on Hulu once they are posted. I will have to stay away from this thread until I see the most recent episodes, lol. I really like the show. Brad is a douche. I like JJ, Denny, and Andre. Blake is a bit too cocky for me but pretty good. The rest I could give or take.

Guest Glock23ForMe
I dont have cable so I watch them on Hulu once they are posted. I will have to stay away from this thread until I see the most recent episodes, lol. I really like the show. Brad is a douche. I like JJ, Denny, and Andre. Blake is a bit too cocky for me but pretty good. The rest I could give or take.

Me too, I thought it was a "who watched tonight" not a "here's what happened, fellas..." :bowrofl:

Ill always be posting my thoughts about the episode right after I watch.

I have to ask, why was Jim even there? Has she shot anything well? In practice, it looked like he had the ar on top of his shoulder. And during the competition, he was holding the bottom of the magazine. WTF?