My new toy.

dariks

I've been looking for a new carry pistol that had an ambidextrous safety, was compact, and in a .45 caliber. The Bersa Thunder 45 Ultra Compact is what I walked out of the store with. :D I haven't shot it yet, but I am really looking forward to it (hopefully tomorrow).

Obligatory pic ;)

Bersa.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to the range tonight to give the Bersa a little test drive. I didn't spend a lot of time there, but here's how it compares to my M&P9:

1. 100 rounds total (Blazer 230 grain)
  2. Recoil is slightly more than the M&P9. I had read somewhere that the recoil on a .45 was punishing on the wrists, but I had no problems with that.
  3. No FTF or FTE
  4. I did notice that if you don't have a firm grip on the pistol that the slide action when the pistol was fired would feel funny. I assume that this is what people mean when they say "limp wristing". The M&P on the other hand never has this problem.
  5. My only complaint so far with this pistol is the grip. After about 60-70 rounds the webbing between my thumb and forefinger started getting sore. The grip is marginally comfortable at first, but after a while it definitely moves to the uncomfortable side.
  6. Overall I would have to say that this is a pretty decent pistol for a compact .45.

i had a Glock 36. notice i said HAD. FTF and FTE were a nightmare with that pistol. it was really bad on feeding. it would jam up all the time. it didnt matter what ammo i used either. i shot remington and winchester and blazer and another type through it and it always jammed. probably 5 jams out of 100 rounds. i got rid of that piece of junk. i now know why they are called the bastard 45.

Guest bkelm18
i had a Glock 36. notice i said HAD. FTF and FTE were a nightmare with that pistol. it was really bad on feeding. it would jam up all the time. it didnt matter what ammo i used either. i shot remington and winchester and blazer and another type through it and it always jammed. probably 5 jams out of 100 rounds. i got rid of that piece of junk. i now know why they are called the bastard 45.

Yea from what I hear, the G36 is very malfunction prone compared to other Glocks.