Sig P220

Guest mikedwood

Guest mikedwood

Several months ago I had talked some trash about getting a Sig P220. Why I wanted one I don't know. I guess because though I love Glocks I don't want a .45 cal poly frame gun. Though I like 1911's I personally don't like carrying one in the summer.

The P220 just spoke to me and several months later still on my mind.

So I'm at Austin's Tennessee Firearms in Oak Ridge and Mike takes in a used P220 that is in line price wise (better shape wise) with other used P220's I have seen and comes with a decent holster. I gotta have it.

Came with 2 mags, Houge Grips and a HighViz sight.

I took it to the range yesterday and though the trigger is different than the Glocks I love it. Shot pretty darn well.

I carried it all day yesterday and it started out very well. Not much different feeling than the G26 but at the end of the day I had to take it off, that sucker had gotten heavy. Not as much heavy as a tug feeling that wouldn't go away. (usually I carry till time to go to bed)

p220s.jpg

Kind of odd but the best digital camera I have ever had is my Droid.

Edited by mikedwood
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Moody

Great gun! I love my 220, and wouldn't trade it for anything else, honestly. It has replaced other pistols on my hip, because of the versatility, ergonomics, and quality. That's a keeper.

Guest Oaklands

I took a 220 and a 229 in trade on some stereo equipment I was selling. The 229 was still new in box. Man what a shooter and a great trigger. It is the .40 and I recently got a .357 barrel for it. Can't wait to try it out. I was going to sell the 220 but now you have me wanting to go fire it. It is a two tone and a great looking gun. Guess I will keep them both and enjoy them.

Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the Sig family.