Chiappa 1911-22

Guest Boogieman

Guest Boogieman

Anyone else have one of these? I was thinking about getting a different pair of grips and I have seen a lot of conflicting info on it being possible to put 1911 grips on them. Also, if you've done any other modifications to yours I'd be interested. Pics are a bonus :stunned:.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Boogieman
How do you like the Chiappa? How is its reliability?

I havent been able to get it to the range yet but hope to soon.

Here's something I skimmed the other day. Worth checking out, I'd think.

CHIAPPA 1911 22

That sounds good but I'm not really looking to make this into a target match pistol. I was thinking to just upgrade the grips with some inexpensive custom 1911 ones. I am sure I could Dremel a pair to fit correctly but I was wondering if anyone else had done so first. I dont want to invest in a pair of grips and have it turn out that they wont fit even with some Dremel mods.

Guest Boogieman
You would probably be better off buying a conversion kit. Just sayin'....

A conversion kit for what? I already own this gun. I do not own a 1911. How would a conversion kit benefit me?

I already have a 550 box of the Federals so I picked up a box of Remington Thunderbolt to see how a bit higher velocity cartrige runs through it. Hoping to get to the range tomorrow morning to test it out.

Guest Boogieman

Well I goofed on the Remingtons as they were even lower velocity than the Federals. I ran about 150 rounds through it with only 3 FTE and they were early on. I love how this thing shoots and it is very accurate and the most comfortable gun I have shot so far. Ejection was a bit erratic but no big deal. The only other issue was that once in a while the slide did not move all the way forward and would not allow the gun to fire. It just needed a slight nudge and it was good to go. This seemed to happen only with the Remingtons so maybe it just didnt like them. Overall it is a great gun and a lot of fun to shoot.

Guest Boogieman
I just put a set of stock grips off of a RIA Tactical on my Chiappa Puma 1911-22 and they went on just fine. Hope that helps.

That helps a great deal. Thank you. :up: