Underwater Ballistics

Guest SUNTZU

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TargetShooter84
That was very entertaining:D Wonder why the Sig didn't want to fire?

Cuz it felt threatened by the Glocks presence...:D

That was very entertaining:D Wonder why the Sig didn't want to fire?

My guess is because of the hammer. To much area to build water pressure. Same thing as the revolver. In the striker fired guns a firing pin slips easier through the water.

Guest jackdm3

The seem to really grasp the physics of aquaballistics, but does a cameraman at his 10 or 11 o' clock not seem to violate one of the range rules?

Note to self: Glocks work underwater at close ranges. :(

Pretty interesting.

Now having seen that the Sig and revolver didn't work, wonder why the LLamma did?? Could it be the strength of the hammer springs at play here?? I'd figure the revolver out of all of them would have worked with no issues........

Note to self: Glocks work underwater at close ranges. :(

Pretty interesting.

Now having seen that the Sig and revolver didn't work, wonder why the LLamma did?? Could it be the strength of the hammer springs at play here?? I'd figure the revolver out of all of them would have worked with no issues........

Note to Kwe45919: You'd do better to use a JBL speargun with a .38 powerhead on the end of it..that way you can sit 30 feet away and REALLY do some damage and laugh at the jackass who is trying to shoot you with a handgun, underwater. :)

The right tool for the right job gentlemen..otherwise you're gonna get your @$$ handed to you.

The APS underwater assault rifle.

800px-APS_underwater_rifle_REMOV.jpg

APS amphibious rifle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A friend of mine got to shoot one. Although it looked incredibly unreliable in his videos, it still looked like a lot of fun.

That thing looks totally BAD A$$...so it's unreliable?

go figure..

I would imagine that if you waterproofed the neck on the case, you would probably get better reliability..

just a thought though.