What did you do this Memorial Day?

So what did everyone do and I hope everyone had a safe and happy holiday.

I woke up at 8 and the girlfriend and I went out to the lake and fished till 2 then we headed up to Prentice Cooper to shoot and I finally got to shoot my new PF-9 and let me say the whole it kicks is an understatement LOL. I put 150rd through it and apparently my index finger is a tad big for it as I actually got a blister. After shooting the Kel-Tec I broke out the 15-22 and blasted almost 600 rounds through it and each round the gun just gets better and better. We finally left the range at 6 and when I got home I mowed the yard while my girlfriend messed with her new laptop and we grilled out when I finished.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SUNTZU

Remembered my uncle and thought about Shannon some. Had a drink or two. Went to the local veteran's cemetery in the afternoon to pay my respects. Lots of people there. Lots of smiles...lots of tears...lots of softly spoken words to headstones.

fired up the smoker again (3 days in a row now)...

smoked some hot dogs, some chicken, and some turkey....

and drank a LOT of beer....

And also thought about our veterans quite a lot today...the older i get the more i appreciate what ALL of our veterans have done for this country..

THANK YOU to all the vets out there!

Got up and lowered the flag to half mast, raised it at noon. Grilled out and spent time with the Family. Took a short trip in the afternoon and met up with a TGO member for a awesome deal on a pistol. Went home and spent more time with the Family.

Good to be home on leave, even if it is medical leave. Headed to Ft Gordon in the morning for my check-up.

I hung out in the back yard most of the day. Grilled burgers and hot dogs. Ate. Went back out back, drank about a gallon of iced tea, listened to the radio, played with my new camera. Went to dinner with Grandparents and other family. Thought alot about all the service men and women who served. And espically about the ones who paid the ultimate price for my freedom.

Guest Halfpint

Yard work, had a beer or several with some fellow servicemen in the neighborhood, spent a while talking to my dad (grunt and later aerial observer for 11th ACR, 1968-69), went out with Kristin, and spent the last few hours of a buddy's civilian life giving him encouragement to continue with his decision to become one of the few and the proud.

He leaves tomorrow morning, early, for Parris Island . . . kinda fitting, I think, that his last day as a civilian is Memorial Day. It gave him--and me--a lot to think about.

worked this morning. Then several hours at the pool with friends drinking beer and having a good time. Thanked my brother for his service!!!!! Currently playing spades with friends and drinking more beer.

Hope everyone is doing great!

Spent the day with my family. Took the wife out shopping in the afternoon with my M&P9c on my hip. Took a moment to reflect on the freedoms we enjoy because of the ultimate sacrifice of others, even though those freedoms are slowly being taken away by those who want the U.S. to be like Europe...

The wife and I dropped our young'un off with her parents, had a nice lunch, bought some flowers for the yard, then went to see the new Robin Hood moive (which was good).

Got up and lowered the flag to half mast, raised it at noon. Grilled out and spent time with the Family.

Glad someone understands the flag code. ;) Smoky Mtn Harley in Maryville had the American Flag at half staff well past noon and left their other flags at full staff. :usa:

Guest TargetShooter84

Slept late, lounged around the house, washed the truck, played with my guns some as cleaning them mainly, and had dinner with parents.

Guest jackdm3

Kathy has a friend from her school (Rhodes) that went to L.A. over 275 or 300 lbs and came back to visit as about 180. It was straight out of the Subway dude's playbook. All he did was start running like Forest Gump and eating mostly vegetarian.

Went to the YMCA with the big outdoor pool to resume giving Kathy swimming lessons.

Finished off with Redboxing "The Road" with Viggo Mortenson, R. Duvall and Guy Pierce, which was heavy-duty end-of-the-world depressing (dug it!) and "Crazy Heart" with Jeff Bridges, R. Duvall and Colin Ferrell. Both flix quite good, but amazingly short.

Good to get away from the 'puter to go-a-cropping, work on brakes, work on the tractor Sat. and Sun.

Guest Ae-35

Slept late, didn't get up till 7am. That put me behind, quick bite, went to graveyard paid my respects. PT. then guests came ( family ) grilled, then nice shooting session with some family . About 6 , time for smores and watermelon. Nice day.

Guest Glock23ForMe

Woke up at the family lake house in Jefferson City, TN with the girlfriend there along with my dad, stepmom and grandparents. Went to bass pro to get some things, went on the waverunner till around noon, ate lunch, back on the waverunner and then back to the house for ribs, corn, potato salad, baked beans, slaw and cocktail shrimp for appetizer. Pretty good day.

On the way home, stopped at Arby's, saw a State Trooper, stopped him as he was leaving, stuck out my hand and said, "Thank you so much for your service to our great state and community, I appreciate it, especially on a day like today." (It took him about 10 seconds to respond) Talked for a second, and came home.