Teen "abducted" from Target parking lot

Didn't see this posted anywhere and thought it made for a good "what-if" scenario.

You are coming out of your local (insert store name here) and see this taking place. You know nothing other than what you are seeing.

Breitbart.tv

Do you intervene, or do you decide to be a good witness and call 911?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This was a teenager who didn't want to move with her family to Florida.

Abducted Teen Found In Florida | WUSA9.com | Washington, DC |

Just something to remember, that sometimes what you see doesn't tell you the whole story.

Now that everyone knows that, they will say it was staged.^

I would have tried to stop them. Going by just the footage, it looks like an abduction. Just becasue the average citizen doesn't react, it does't mean something isn't wrong.

Three women and a man (makes it a family situation)

How do you know that? Women can't be dangerous? Females are just as involved in gangs around here. To think a female is less of a threat is a deadly mistake.

Guest TargetShooter84
How do you know that? Women can't be dangerous? Females are just as involved in gangs around here. To think a female is less of a threat is a deadly mistake.

Agreed.

Just think of this way...if you really REALLY pissed your wife off, that's a deadly mistake to assume she'll get over it easily without some type of revenge...:usa:

I don't think he ever said women can't be dangerous.

Just that in his opinion based on the number of women to men etc... that it would more likely be a family thing.

Maybe the reason the people on the video didn't react is because they heard the girl yelling "No Mom! I don't want to go!"

I don't know that, I'm just saying trying to figure out what you would do just based on the video doesn't really give you much info.

Guest Sgt. Joe

Just watching the Vid I am not going to intervene, and here is why....

If you watch close, as soon as the victim? sees the other people she turns away from them....this tells me that she knows them.

I would call 911 with a good description and probably even follow them if I was close enough to my vehicle to do so and did not have the family with me.

And as Fallguy pointed out there is no audio, it IS quite possible the girl was saying something like Mom or Dad, maybe even screaming that she did not want to move to FL.

If I had been there in person of course I could have heard what was going on, and thus maybe no 911 call would have been needed....but the simple fact that the girl turns away as soon as she sees them tells me quite a lot.

I couldnt let anyone be hurt or killed but it is going to take a very certain situation before I use my weapon. Even if this WAS an abduction, calling 911 and following is going to do a whole lot more good than starting to shoot people in a parking lot.

Sure women can be dangerous. But they are obviously taking care not to hurt her getting her into the vehicle. I didn’t have the audio turned up and knew I was looking at a family situation.

Being sure of what you are seeing is critical. How would you have intervened?

Agreed with Sgt. Joe.

No Weapons whatsoever unless they drew a gun at you.

Would be bad wouldn't it?.... If they saw you as a threat for messing in family business and did draw or make refrence to a weapon, then you react, then it goes down hill...

Guest TargetShooter84

I was saying if they drew on you first before you ever said anything about being armed...

I would never draw mine on a family situation unless it was a deadly threat to those members aka father gone berserk and threatening to kill them while having gun in his hand and he draws the gun at you...what would you do?

I was saying if they drew on you first before you ever said anything about being armed...

I know...my point was (even though it might not be legal/right) that if they saw someone coming to intervene in a family situation, they may very well draw first.

Then you draw in self-defense. Shots are exchanged.

Then when it goes to court (even though they may be in the wrong for drawing first) it comes out that you were getting involved in a non-crime family situation and that had you not, the other person may not have drawn.

Sure women can be dangerous. But they are obviously taking care not to hurt her getting her into the vehicle. I didn’t have the audio turned up and knew I was looking at a family situation.

Being sure of what you are seeing is critical. How would you have intervened?

Looked like they slammed her into the side of the van before they got the door open. I've never restrained anyone in my family, so it is hard for me to think it is a family situation.

Agian How do you KNOW FOR A FACT it is a family situation?

A man points a gun at you. You notice the loaded chamber indicator is not showing a loaded chamber. Do you just dismiss the threat? Could it have failed to work properly?

Call 911 and try to stop the van. Im not gonna draw down on these people. I am NOT a cop. I COULD be a great witness.

I would never draw mine on a family situation unless it was a deadly threat to those members aka father gone berserk and threatening to kill them while having gun in his hand and he draws the gun at you...what would you do?

You better not do anything. That is a family situation. How dare you get into someones else's business.

Mom has a movie on LMN right now. Taken in Broad Daylight. The guy off Dawson's Creek just jumped out and got her in the mall parking lot. She had her iPod on and didn't hear or see him and there was like 4 or 5 people just standing there watching.