Good mixture of oil for AR-15

Guest gts

12oz. Mobile 1 synthetic 0-40w mixed with 4oz Mobile 1 synthetic ATF

Breaking in a new AR-15, completely flawless first 100 rounds. This mixture was shared with me by a friend, bigtime AR fan, says the ATF keeps carbon build up down to minimum. So far I agree.

Anyone else making their concoction for firearm lube?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lester Weevils

Dunno much about rifles (or anything else for that matter).

The biggest I have are small-- a MSAR STG-556 and a .223 pistol and Beretta 9mm Storm Rifle.

Hardly ever run more than 100 rounds without cleaning. Have been lubing them with pretty thin stuff, CLP or Rem Oil. Is that bad? Do they need thicker lube? The gun manuals say to run em pretty dry, but I probably wet em more than the manual says.

Guest Lester Weevils

Thanks all for the great info.

Is MIL-TEC the same as MILITEC-1 by Adaptive Molecular Technologies Inc?

Got a 4 oz bottle of that a long time ago, and still have about an oz left. It is supposed to penetrate the top layer of the metal rather than lube as such, and there are lots of good reports on the web.

Quit using it years back because didn't know for sure if it was doing anything. Didn't want to wear the slide, and felt more certain with something actually slick-feeling like CLP or Rem Oil.

The MILITEC-1 just didn't feel like an oil, didn't feel particularly slick, and after it soaks in couldn't tell the difference by look or feel, between non-lubed-dry and MILITEC-1 lubed.

That is an interesting idea of using the MILITEC-1 and then putting a teflon lube over it.

I just run plain old Break Free in mine. Give it a spray before shooting and forget about it. Haven't cleaned either of the M4geries in about 2000 rounds through either one.

One of them has a TNW piston kit in it and runs lime a champ.

I run the cheap red grease form walmart in mine. Went 2600ish rounds before needing to relube. Poured 90w gear oil on the bcg and put it back in continued to run. now in the 57-5800 rd range and no problems.

Direct impingement Daniel Defense M4

My SBR piston AR is at 4k no relube still running like a champ.