Tennessee Senate Overrides Restaurant Carry Veto

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HexHead
I called my representative earlier today to voice my concerns. I just checked my answering machine. A staff member from Representative Haynes' (knoxville area) office said they will vote tomorrow (Friday).

I hate to point out the obvious, but since everyone is so sure this is going to come up tomorrow, there is no session on the calender for tomorrow.

Or any other day past today.

Guest TNReb
I know nothing about Facebook, but can someone please post Doug Jackson's "override speech" on this site?

See post #163 on page 17. :D

I hate to point out the obvious, but since everyone is so sure this is going to come up tomorrow, there is no session on the calender for tomorrow.

Or any other day past today.

I agree, it looks like they're doing everything tonight... I think that was the entire reason to have a quick committee meeting before resuming at 6pm... although I could be wrong.

From watching that meeting, it sure smells like they're trying to do everything tonight and get out of town.

Guest TNReb
I agree, it looks like they're doing everything tonight... I think that was the entire reason to have a quick committee meeting before resuming at 6pm... although I could be wrong.

From watching that meeting, it sure smells like they're trying to do everything tonight and get out of town.

I'm not for sure, but I think the Senate is meeting tonight on the budget. I don't think they can leave until both houses have passed a budget and sent it to the gov. My sources tell me they are going to try to wrap up by Saturday night, but could go to Monday if necessary. I don't think they can completely finish tonight.

Guest HexHead

Todd just brought up a bill, SB 274 which will create a legitimate license for establishments that offer 10%-50% of their business as food, on a sliding scale adding to the cost of the license. It basically creates "bar licenses".

Guest TNReb
Right TNReb...I meant someone who was actually "into" Facebook, who knows how to drop stuff out there. I really don't want to get on Facebook. I waste enough time on this site. Thanks.;)

Sorry about that. I thought you meant this site but you meant the Facebook site. My bad. :blush:

Guest HexHead

Okay, now I'm really getting pissed off. They just received a joint senate resolution and they suspended the rules to vote on it, to recognize the mother of the mayor of Knox county. This they can do, but can't fit in the ****ing gun bill??????

no body needs to worry. We have been assured time and time again that this was going to be taken care of real quick like. and on top of that great news that the new law would be worth all the trouble.

now doesn't that make you feel better.