Tennessee Senate Overrides Restaurant Carry Veto

Actually, I wouldn't mind it if the restaurants always cooked it so I didn't need a knife.

My point is, knives and other sharp instruments in the kitchen are dangerous because you never know when a 'disgruntled' fellow employee will go nuts and start hacking everyone up - especially when Demon Alchohol may be sitting just a few feet away, maybe even just on the other side of a thin wall. That means no cutting anything up in the kitchen, either. No peeling or chopping vegetables, no cutting up meat to be prepared and so on.

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I thought that was the point of the lawsuit and the "guns and alcohol" don't mix thing all along...

Not that guns in the workplace themselves are dangerous, but that guns in a workplace where alcohol is served is dangerous.

Meaning that at least 50% of the 'danger' equation is alchohol. Further, I've never heard of anyone swerving into oncoming traffic and killing people because they were under the influence of a gun. Not that I am advocating Prohibition - just saying that it would be a bit difficult to argue against the guns and not the alcohol.

Personally, I think that the whole 'guns and alcohol don't mix' thing is a bunch of crap. There, I said it. That doesn't mean I'm going to get wasted and head out to target shoot or even that I am going to have a few while keeping my gun on my hip (in public or not.) What it does mean is that I have consumed plenty of alcohol in my life (although not as much or as often, these days) and not once has it made me think, "Man, if I had a gun right now I'd shoot that guy." In fact, if my understanding is correct, some states allow folks to legally consume while carrying as long as they don't get 'drunk'. Certainly just being in the same room as booze while not consuming isn't going to cause me to start shooting up the place.

Guest pws_smokeyjones
Meaning that at least 50% of the 'danger' equation is alchohol. Further, I've never heard of anyone swerving into oncoming traffic and killing people because they were under the influence of a gun. Not that I am advocating Prohibition - just saying that it would be a bit difficult to argue against the guns and not the alcohol.

Personally, I think that the whole 'guns and alcohol don't mix' thing is a bunch of crap. There, I said it. That doesn't mean I'm going to get wasted and head out to target shoot or even that I am going to have a few while keeping my gun on my hip (in public or not.) What it does mean is that I have consumed plenty of alcohol in my life (although not as much or as often, these days) and not once has it made me think, "Man, if I had a gun right now I'd shoot that guy." In fact, if my understanding is correct, some states allow folks to legally consume while carrying as long as they don't get 'drunk'. Certainly just being in the same room as booze while not consuming isn't going to cause me to start shooting up the place.

Guns and Alcohol absolutely don't mix - so says the NRA and rightfully so. That is exactly why Alcohol is not sold at the gun range. :)

Guest jackdm3
My point is, knives and other sharp instruments in the kitchen are dangerous because you never know when a 'disgruntled' fellow employee will go nuts and start hacking everyone up - especially when Demon Alchohol may be sitting just a few feet away, maybe even just on the other side of a thin wall. That means no cutting anything up in the kitchen, either. No peeling or chopping vegetables, no cutting up meat to be prepared and so on.

I understood you completely. My addition to this was just a dig at those that can't cook, yet they charge us full-price for it.

I agree. I drank and carried a lot in my younger days, and never thought about shooting anybody. Killed a lot on inanimate objects though.